Very high temps

Hi all i bought a Fx-6100 and was worried because i was benchmarking low scores with it - PC mark 7 gives me 3080

FX6100
Hd7770
16gb Ram

I was told to run OCCT test but i got stopped due to a error

i think this is because of the temps which were
Max
Cputtin 80c
Core 0 69.38c
Core 1 69.38c
Core 2 69.38c
Core 3 69.25c
Core 4 69.25c
Core 5 69.25c

are these too high??
10 answers Last reply
More about very high temps
  1. The max temperature acording to AMD is 70c
  2. so what have i done wrong cos its got Stock heat sink and fan attached and never taken out since putting in a week ago??
  3. gravy0509 said:
    so what have i done wrong cos its got Stock heat sink and fan attached and never taken out since putting in a week ago??

    There are many reasons why
    It could be that theres bad airflow in the case.
    The room temperature is high affecting the CPUs running temp.

    Did you install the CPU/fan yourself?
  4. yes i did although i did think it was hard to get the heat sink to clip in right, could it be sat incorrectly on it?? thinking i might have to take apart and make sure sat right.
    I have 4 fans on the case 1 large front one 1 side one 1 back one and 1 psu one + the CPU fan
  5. gravy0509 said:
    yes i did although i did think it was hard to get the heat sink to clip in right, could it be sat incorrectly on it?? thinking i might have to take apart and make sure sat right.
    I have 4 fans on the case 1 large front one 1 side one 1 back one and 1 psu one + the CPU fan

    You could try reinstalling it, it could be that theres a big lumb of thermal paste or somthing like that stopping the fan.

    Is your room hot and does the CPU temp drop when the side panel is off?
  6. just tried with Side panel off and no no change its only showing 35c when im buring a disk and on the internet at min just dont seem to be getting anywhere near the 80C when testing except for in the OCCT test
  7. gravy0509 said:
    just tried with Side panel off and no no change its only showing 35c when im buring a disk and on the internet at min just dont seem to be getting anywhere near the 80C when testing except for in the OCCT test

    I dont see how it could jump from 35c to 80c when underload :??:
  8. gravy0509 said:
    just tried with Side panel off and no no change its only showing 35c when im buring a disk and on the internet at min just dont seem to be getting anywhere near the 80C when testing except for in the OCCT test

    It wont let me edit my last message but what stress test/monitoring software are you using?
  9. Are you using Core Temp? If not, try that. You should not be seeing such high temps. Benchmarking will show the highest temps you will reach, which is not usually what is seen in the real world.
  10. i was using something called OCCT testing software
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core