AC: Revelations strangely laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afinati

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Hello,
8GB Ram, one of those i7-2670 processors, 2.2GHz (8 CPU's), and a GeForce GTX 560M graphics card. Game lags ... like crazy. No lag in any other title I own, some like Crysis 2, Skyrim, or MW3 should be more demanding, right? And I really mean "lags," like, nearly unplayable lags. So, I contacted Ubisoft, and they said that the laptop version of the grahpics card isn't supported. Solutions, beyond getting a new card?

Solution
Open up nvidia control panel, click on Manage 3D Settings, click on global tab, scroll down to the very end and under vertical sync select "Adaptive'.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Can you go into more detail about the lags? A low framerate in general usually means a problem with the GPU and/or drivers, while a smooth framerate mixed with pauses of more than 1/2 a second or so means the game is trying to constantly load stuff from the hard drive, or your RAM is full and the OS is relying on the swap file.

xtreme5

Distinguished
reply from ubisoft doesn't make sense however even nvidia 7300gs are supported which are too older cards. Like you said that there is no lag in other games so i don't think that will be the driver issue just uninstall the game then re-install.

Afinati

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Uninstalling and reinstalling hasn't worked; it's a sporadic but often occurence ... this lag. Interestingly, it occurs even on startup with the Ubisoft logo and the menus. It's been downloaded through Steam, although I'm not sure if that matters.

Afinati

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Awesome. It worked. Two things though: will keeping this setting affect other games, and how do I mark this thread's question as resolved ... juist by changing the title?

1. Yes, it will, because you changed global setting. However, I would not worry about it, because Adaptive VSync does nothing bad but fixes those hiccups when fps drops suddenly. I have it enabled as global setting too ;).

2. To mark it as solved, select the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.