Hi, i have a microphone delay/latency when listening to it. do i need-

hemi the breslever

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
hi, :bounce: i have a problem in win 8 that i had also in win 7, i did update sound drivers and it didn't help. when i want to hear my self using the microphone i press "listen to this device" (is this tha only way?) and there is a very small delay but its impossible to sing like that. i have a laptop, maybe that's the reason because the sound "card" is not a card but a small chip? :??: my laptop is strong its an HP Pavillion g6 1229ej (cpu- i5 ,4gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, a very good graphics card, but still a laptop so probably the sound device is just a chip?) so i tried installing asio 4 all :??: but it needed a music program to be attached to or something (that's what i understood that it doesn't work on its own) so i downloaded fl studio and played there with the settings and did (i think) change the delay/latency to a less delay but it was still annoying and impossible to sing to a karaoke like that. is the only solution is buying a sound card??? and if so, which one is the cheapest i can get that does just that, that's the only thing i need, to fix the microphone delay/latency. thanks in advance to all that read and help out. :)

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

Discrete audio cards and integrated audio chips are essentially the same, the only difference being the way they are implemented. Since you are using a laptop, an audio card is out of the question anyway.

Is your microphone USB or auxiliary?

hemi the breslever

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

if by auxiliary you mean it has a jack like headphones than it's auxiliary... it's not usb... :)
btw isn't is possible to buy an external audio card? :ange:

hemi the breslever

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

thanks a lot for the help. i couldn't find there if it ships to israel. can u tell me? and can u give me in general maybe what kind of external sound card i need to just stop the delay? so that i can find something like that here in israel. thanks agains for the great help. g-d bless u. :)