Sign in with
Your question

Hi, i have a microphone delay/latency when listening to it. do i need-

Last response: in Components
February 5, 2013 3:12:59 PM

hi, :bounce:  i have a problem in win 8 that i had also in win 7, i did update sound drivers and it didn't help. when i want to hear my self using the microphone i press "listen to this device" (is this tha only way?) and there is a very small delay but its impossible to sing like that. i have a laptop, maybe that's the reason because the sound "card" is not a card but a small chip? :??:  my laptop is strong its an HP Pavillion g6 1229ej (cpu- i5 ,4gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, a very good graphics card, but still a laptop so probably the sound device is just a chip?) so i tried installing asio 4 all :??:  but it needed a music program to be attached to or something (that's what i understood that it doesn't work on its own) so i downloaded fl studio and played there with the settings and did (i think) change the delay/latency to a less delay but it was still annoying and impossible to sing to a karaoke like that. is the only solution is buying a sound card??? and if so, which one is the cheapest i can get that does just that, that's the only thing i need, to fix the microphone delay/latency. thanks in advance to all that read and help out. :) 
February 5, 2013 4:05:44 PM

hemi the breslever said:
is the only solution is buying a sound card???

Discrete audio cards and integrated audio chips are essentially the same, the only difference being the way they are implemented. Since you are using a laptop, an audio card is out of the question anyway.

Is your microphone USB or auxiliary?
February 5, 2013 4:49:51 PM

anxiousinfusion said:
Discrete audio cards and integrated audio chips are essentially the same, the only difference being the way they are implemented. Since you are using a laptop, an audio card is out of the question anyway.
Is your microphone USB or auxiliary?

if by auxiliary you mean it has a jack like headphones than it's auxiliary... it's not usb... :) 
btw isn't is possible to buy an external audio card? :ange: 
Related resources
February 5, 2013 11:02:56 PM

anxiousinfusion said:
Well I suppose for a laptop something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... could work. But the reason I asked if it's USB is because USB headsets can introduce latency depending on the model.

thanks a lot for the help. i couldn't find there if it ships to israel. can u tell me? and can u give me in general maybe what kind of external sound card i need to just stop the delay? so that i can find something like that here in israel. thanks agains for the great help. g-d bless u. :) 
!