Programmes that start with windows

August 24, 2005 5:51:25 PM

Hello
I have way too many programmes automatically starting when windows starts
and it is slowing my computer down could some please tell me how to stop all
of the current programmes opening
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:35:27 PM

try msconfig (use run and type msconfig) in particular the startup section,
uncheck and programs you know for sure there that you don't want to load.

also check start-> all programs -> startup for stuff there as well.

"crazypinkrabbit" <crazypinkrabbit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D 376D5D2-2F91-4228-9379-FB955B9832F6@microsoft.com...
> Hello
> I have way too many programmes automatically starting when windows starts
> and it is slowing my computer down could some please tell me how to stop
> all
> of the current programmes opening
August 25, 2005 4:39:26 PM

Crazy

Go to the options or preferences of each program that auto starts, and look
for a checkbox or similar that will disable the feature.. this is the surest
way of disabling what you no longer want, while keeping those features that
you do want..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"crazypinkrabbit" <crazypinkrabbit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D 376D5D2-2F91-4228-9379-FB955B9832F6@microsoft.com...
> Hello
> I have way too many programmes automatically starting when windows starts
> and it is slowing my computer down could some please tell me how to stop
> all
> of the current programmes opening
August 26, 2005 11:55:26 PM

A free handy program where you can find out and determine what "starts up"
http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

!