AMD 6670 and AMD A8 APU Crossifre?

moutaindew101

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I have had my new computer for a bit over a month now, and I am still curious on this. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 GPU as my video card, and my CPU is the A8-3850 APU which has a 6550D GPU in it and it can crossfire with 3 different AMD GPU's, the 6670 being one. The problem I'm having is that my computer doesn't detect the 6550D. Only my 6670. I've read about this in places, and I've come to a conclusion where all I have to do is take out my 6670 so it is forced to use my integrated graphics, thus detecting it. I just want some clarification if I'm correct or not, because my friend is coming to my house to get it to crossfire at some point as well, but he said that I have to re-install Windows entirely for everything to work correctly. I just want to know if I'm right, or if he is right, or if we are both wrong and it's a whole different process entirely.

xtreme5

Distinguished
what? You are crossfiring dedicated gpu with integrated so NO this can not be done at any circumstance. Sorry, you both are wrong be happy with HD 6670 it is not a bad card, and who told you when you are running a dedicated card then your cpu iGPU will be automatically disable you can't use both at same time. There is a new technology called Lucidvirtue this option let you to add power of your integrated gpu with your dedicated gpu.

moutaindew101

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
I have my crossfire working, games work well but when I open Skyrim the screen is all pixelated and split in 4's. I have CCC 11.11, has there been a patch in one of the later updates for crossfire?

Yes, I believe so. I would highly recommend you download the latest ( I think it was 12.7 now)