Power breakdown

jerryshardware

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hello,

So I have a basic question, which could interest you:

Supposed I sit there in my room at my computer having fun.
Suddenly the screen goes black because of an power breakdown, which makes the computer shutting down immediately.
So what could happen to my computer when this happens/ Could there be anything broken?

Please reply, thank you.

CDdude55

Distinguished
Depends what the computer is doing at the time and where the power is shutting down from (the PSU or the wall), sometimes data corruption can occur if the system shuts down in the middle of data being writen. Assuming you're talking about no power coming from the mains(wall power) if your power went out for your system but power is still coming from that socket and throughout the house then there is certainly an issue with the system itself which can be a wide range of problems from a crapped out power supply to overheating etc.

Is this happening frequently? if it is then i would check CPU temps first in BIOS and maybe even in Windows as it could be a result of thermal shutdown.

Also if you have a spare PSU, i would give that a try. By the way, what are your system specs anyways?

jerryshardware

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

Hello CDdude55.
I am really impressed about your reply, very friendly and helpful!
Thank you for that.
So, it was a basic question, I do not have a computer yet :( .
But I mean in the case of that the PSU and every PC component works fine.
I mean, when the fuse box (the box in the wall with all these tiny switches, which are for the different rooms -> do you know what I mean?) turns off the power for my room, because anything is going wrong with the power in the wall of any reason -> so the PSU gets suddenly no more power from the wall, what could be broken after that?