Has anyone successfully hooked a pc up to a ps3 display and got 3d?

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
I bought a ps3 3d display because the price dropped significantly and I now know why. The 3d will not work with pc. This is my third of these: the first the 3d would not work the second only half the screen worked this one the 3d stil doesnt work. I called sony and they say it will work but it is a graphics card isssue i have a 8800gt is that the problem? Do I need to sync the glasses to the display? The screen shows the redblue green fields of view but I put on the glasses on and...nothing,nada goose eggs. Thank you for your help, if the 3d doesnt work with a pc I will sell my second pair of glasses and get a rat 5 so win win right? :)

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Batman Arkham City and Battlefield 3, all 3d drivers are installed but when I go through the setup of can you see this? etc. I cat see anyof the stuff but it isnt just me it failed the hardare nd vision tes, thanks for the quick reply

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Firstly: I think that video card is too old for 3D.

Second: I don't know any details about the PS3 3D display but I'm assuming that it's 120hz?

You will need to buy the NVIDIA 3d kit as the PS3 glasses will definitely not work with your PC.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Need to sync the glasses with the tv and if you bought universal glasses there’s no guarantee they will work depending if they’re or tv is passive or active 3D.

Active glasses are expensive, and need a power source. Also in general only work with specific manufacturers TVs but you could get lucky.

Passive 3D TVs will work with various types of passive glasses.

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Firstly: you are probably right

secondly: I did not know that thank you. Let me chck something and i will brb.

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Ahh yes, well that's a little different. It's referring to 3D applications. E.g. games that look 3D.

For example quake 3 arena is a 3D game, as you can move left, right, back, forward and you can jump!

EDIT: Ignore this.... you are correct... it does say that the card is nvidia 3d ready.