  • Customization
  • Search Engine
  • Windows XP
August 25, 2005 4:38:46 AM

Hi,
I'd like to change the search application launched by hitting F3 key
in
the explorer shell (I enjoy Agent Ransack a lot, but I'd prefer to
directly
open it with just F3 instead of being forced to right click on the
folder icon and manual select it...)
Is it possible to do this?
TIA!
bye,
PiErre

More about : change search engine explorer shell

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 7:07:59 PM

I use Agent Ransack, and they sent an email recently saying that they were
planning to implement a change so that Windows-F invokes it rather than
Windows Explorer Search.

Unfortunately, I deleted it, so I can't recall whether it was a free
feature, or it needed an update to a paid-for package.

Of course you can set up your own shortcut key anyway. I used Ctl-Alt-A (A
for Agent Ransack)
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.