Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 2, 2012 10:53:14 PM

Ok guys.. I know I'm gonna get a lot of stick from u folks..
so i bought the alienware $699 base model

i3 2120
4gb ram
240psu
and a GT 545

yes i know it sucks and u all will probably say its not worth it but the reason i bought it is simple i move a lot from time to time and even abroad.. so cant really carry a 20-30 lbs gaming rig all the time. The x51 is small and compact and suits me fine

BUT i wanna know if its possible to run witcher 2? I can run Kingdoms of amalur easily on high.. or medium at 50-60fps when i tone down the settings a bit
Don't want ultra or even max.. Medium is more than enough. I just want it to be smooth enough..to be playable

therefore before i buy the game just wanted to know if i could play it on medium or even low if things go really bad
i know its a really demanding game :/  but i really wanna play it!!

Thanks!

More about : graphic card

a b Î Nvidia
a c 291 U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 10:57:14 PM

It will work fine. My friend is playing it on 525m and he's getting 20 fps on low settings. GT 545 is MUCH more powerful than that ;) .
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 2, 2012 11:06:10 PM

It'll do just fine at mid-high settings, not ultra, and don't get greedy on the SSAO and DOF settings. It really is a great game, with a great developer team behind it, very underrated IMO.
Related resources
August 3, 2012 12:11:35 AM

wiinippongamer said:
It'll do just fine at mid-high settings, not ultra, and don't get greedy on the SSAO and DOF settings. It really is a great game, with a great developer team behind it, very underrated IMO.

thought that was a bug on my screen
m
l
August 10, 2012 6:56:28 AM

Best answer selected by rsinha2010.
m
l
!