Sign in with
Your question

Where to buy AMD Phenom X4 945 C3

Last response: in CPUs
February 5, 2013 6:44:12 PM

Hi all,
Does anyone know a reputable dealer/website where I can get hold of a "AMD Phenom II X4 945 C3" cpu, complete with cooler? I have had good look on the web (Amazon, Ebay, etc), but only find it out of stock or come across old obsolete ads with a price of $249! I would prefer a seller in the UK, where I am. It has to be the C3 version of the 945, though, with a 95W TDP rating. My OEM motherboard won't do higher. Hope you good folks can help.

More about : buy amd phenom 945

a c 141 à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 5, 2013 10:54:29 PM

you won't find a new one but I'm surprised you haven't found a decent used one on the bay of e.
a c 471 à CPUs
a c 118 À AMD
February 6, 2013 12:27:04 AM

popatim said:
you won't find a new one but I'm surprised you haven't found a decent used one on the bay of e.

Apparently the "bay of e" is offshore in a distant mythical land called China...

... Well, it's actually Hong Kong, but it belongs to China now since England relinquished sovereignty over it back in 1999.

$90 from Hong Kong and it is the 95w version... or at least that's the claim...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-PHENOM-II-X4-945-3GHz-AM3-r...

February 6, 2013 4:38:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. And the link. I have contacted the seller to ensure it is a C3 version:, i.e. 95W TDP chip. If I get no joy, would it be an idea to go for a Athlon X4 640 (4 cores at 3Ghz, no L3 cache), or the Athlon X3 460 (3 cores at 3.4Ghz)? I am after a speed bump from my current X3 440. I play some games, but don't require ultra-settings, etc, and I get good frame rates with my HD 7750 GPU card. I cannot overclock with BIOS locked out on the OEM mobo, either, so spending a few quid for a better performance CPU rather than forking out for a new PC (not for a few years, anyway) seems the way to go. Thanks in advance.
!