New build for Music Production/General Use (€850)

sklakss

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Hi all,

I'm looking to build a new Audio Production PC which I might also use for web browsing and watching movies. I've made a list of a few components but I'm not sure if I got all the components what is needed. I would be delighted if anyone could have a look at it and perhaps if need be, make a few suggestions. :)

Requirements:
Near Silent Usage
Budgeted

Primary Usage: Audio Recording/Mixing/Mastering (Cubase)

Secondary Usage: Web browsing and watching movies

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.3 GHz LGA1155
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Case: Fractal R3 Black
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1600MHz
HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
GFX: ?

I won't be doing any overclocking etc. Thanks! :)

sklakss

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Anyone? I would really appreciate if you could help me.

Also I was thinking that what if I just buy only M4 SSD instead of buying both Caviar Green and SSD?

malbluff

Honorable
Confess, I know nothing about any specific requirements, for music mixing, however, purely from the point of PC performance.
If you don't want to overclock, you would be best to go with either i5-3450, or i5-3550 (the 3550 has SLIGHTLY higher performance), and link that with an Asus P8H77-m. The PRO version, of that motherboard has some additional multi-media support, but you would need to check if they are of benefit, to YOU.
You would need to give some indication of what you need in terms of graphic performance (? Gaming-what resolution, other uses), in order to advise sensibly on any graphics card you need.
The power supply, you suggest, is not the best, and probably oversized. It's not possible to recommend an exact replacement, until graphics card is resolved.
Motherboard on board sound is pretty good these days, but do you have any specific additional requirements.
When it comes to storage, an SSD is good for operating system, and important, regularly used software. It's an expensive way to store other, more mundane stuff, so some sort of HDD is normally worthwhile, as well.