What does BULK mean in psu marketing?

aesma

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Hello there guys.

I ran into this cool deal for CX 500 psu selling only for 47 euros, which is cheap as on other side its sale for 62 euros.
But this one is a bulk version. What does that mean? So little information on the internet about it. I read that it means there is no retail package there but what does that mean? Then how do they send it to me if there's no package lol. Is there anything else missing from the package or should it be as good as the non bulk version?
Is there any difference with the appearence?

Thank you guys :)

Far as I know it means they'll ship in bubble wrap inside the shipping box instead of the retail packaging. Basically, no manual, extras, whatever, but it should be the complete unit. Might be worth 15 euro for peace of mind that you're getting the cord from the PSU to the wall as well...

Yeah - J-E-D is right, usually these are targeted to builders that want
or need to pay the xtra money that retail packaging entails.

I think smorizio ia also correct on the shorter warranty, but that's easy enough
for you to check

Bulk version is also known as the OEM version.

High volume system builders will usually buy power supplies by the pallet load because they don't need the retail packaging thus lowering the unit price.

With some of the OEM versions of PSU models output cable sleeving isn't used or the output cables will only be partially sleeved or only one or two main cables will have any sleeving.

The warranty length may be different than its retail equivalent model. Warranty service may also be handled differently for OEM versions.

The OEM versions will also usually be painted plain grey.

Generally the bulk version of a product is the same as the retail version. They are for system builders that don't need to pay extra for flashy packaging they are going to throw away anyway. You would not believe how much cost fancy packaging can add to cost of a product. Some bulk will come in a plastic bag some may be in a plain box without any name on it. It all depends on the brand and model in question. Sometimes the warranty may also be for a shorter period so you may want to check on that. Some of the power supply manufacturers have stopped including power cords with their models retail and bulk figuring you're replacing an existing model and have a power cord already. I know I have a shopping bag full of power cords in my garage.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

Do you have an online store?

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

How? I just want to know the name or something, I want to see it.

Nice to see integrity & ethics are alive and well on occasion.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011

So I cant know the name of your store because of some reason that just doesn't make sense?

InvalidError

Titan

Some Eco-friendly enthusiast-oriented retail PSUs also ship without mains cable to avoid shipping extra copper/plastic that the customer most likely already has. I probably have a dozen spares from past PCs, CRTs and PSUs scattered across my apartment.

Hi :)

Its Stores (plural) actually, although we call them shops...

The reason is integrity and principle...

I have a right to privacy here, just as you do....

I don't notice you putting in your name address etc...

All the best Brett :)

TRENDING THREADS