New PC wont POST. (No AV/BEEPCODES)

bobbeh8

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Hi,

first of all I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this.

I DID read the new homebuilt system no-beepcode-sticky.

--
my system:
core i5 3750k boxed
asrock z77 pro4
16gb corsair ddr3 1600 @1.5v
be quiet straight power 450w
sapphire hd7850oc 2gb
--

I just finished assembling my new rig. It does start, but unfortunately my screen stays black; although all my fans are spinning and i can hear my hdd powering up. Ive read your troubleshootsticky and tried about everything i could.

+ Doesnt matter whether i use the integrated intel hd gfx or my amd. still black.
+ 8Pin and 24 are both connected
+ stand offs are in place correctly
+ I have a 4x4GB RAM Kit. Tried to boot with just one DIMM. Didnt help.
+ I reconnect about every cable, they're all in place.
However that sticky suggest trying to boot without RAM to verify that you actually can hear beepcodes. When booting w/o RAM i heard three long beeps followed by a pause and another three long beeps (and so forth)

Thread says that this indicates my RAM shorting out my PSU.
Could any1 explain this in more detail? I dont get whats wrong with my pc :(

best regards,
rob

bobbeh8

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Kay. New Situation is:
- if i pull out my dedicated gfx card and connect via VGA it DOES boot. DVI doesnt work yet.

sooo.. im pretty new to UEFI, IvyBridge and ***. Does this mean my GFX card is broken (as i said, fans are still running) or is there some kind of hidden setting ive overlooked?

bobbeh8

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Okay. Tried once again to boot with the HD7000 installed. Screen's still black, I think the PC is booting, tho.
If I press the Power Button after giving the machine a couple of secs to boot it shuts down a couple of secs later (just like a regular shutdown).

Dunno :S

Are you plugged into the correct socket from the Gpu?
I had a similar thing with my 6950's, I found the right port and all was well
I suspect theres no beep codes because as far as the Pc in concerned, theres no problem
Moto