Closed Solved

AMD a10-5800k vs i3 3220 for gaming

there both the same price what one would do better for gaming?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5800k 3220 gaming
  1. Without discrete card ?
    If it's without one, the AMD A10-5800k is better, it has a better on die gpu.
    If you have a discrete card, the i3-3220 is a better cpu.
  2. Both ARE the same price!

The A10 is great for low cost/low power builds where yo don't want or can't afford a seperate video card.

If you ARE going to run a seperate video card, then I'd get FX-6300 over either the i3 or the A10.
  3. newegg has a 10 dollar promo on that right now so it would be the same price would the fx-6300 outperform the i3 3220?
  4. Yes, it's slightly better, the FX-6300, though, the i3 won't bottleneck the 7850 and has a lower power consumption, the performance difference is minimal.
  5. The performance difference is minimal for gaming, but the 6300 is a bit faster for many other apps due to the 6 cores.
  6. and i also see that later on i can upgrade the pc to a i5 or 17 later on with the i3 3220?
  7. That is true.

However, upgrades often never happen. You'd be less likely to need an upgrade with the fx-6300 that can be overclocked.
  8. The i3 has ht for other apps, the i3 is underrated, it's a good cpu with a lower power consumption and it's cheaper.
    Yes, you can add later an i5 or i7 but only from lga 1155.
  9. okay thanks for all the help i was thinking so
  10. is the lga 1155 a motherboard? just wondering kinda new to PC i goggled it but all i get is processor
  11. Best answer
    It's the socket for the cpus, meaning you can only put the i5 sandy or ivybridge.
    That's a good motherboard to go with.
  12. Best answer selected by mizzat420.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming AMD Product