Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Power button on case might be broken? Help?

Last response: in Components
February 5, 2013 10:01:26 PM

I didn't get a chance to put everything together yet since I'm still waiting for a few parts, but I got my NZXT Tempest 410 Elite today and the power button seems a bit loose, it also doesn't click like the reset button does. My question is, in the event that the power button is broken, will there be another way to power up my computer without having to open up my case?

I'm pretty new at building, so please let me know. Thanks.
a b ) Power supply
February 5, 2013 11:19:31 PM

hexgame said:
will there be another way to power up my computer

All you need to do is bridge the connection between the pins that the power button would normally connect to. Anything metal should work, your screwdriver for instance.

Quote:
without having to open up my case?

I wouldn't call it a permanent fix but a pin header with two bare leads hanging outside of the case could hold you over until the power button is fixed (assuming it's broken and be careful with them). And the power button might work anyway.
Score
February 5, 2013 11:21:25 PM

I could probably just use the reset button for power, right?
Score
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
February 5, 2013 11:23:35 PM

If you just got the case then return it. You shouldn't have to deal with a defective case.
Score
February 5, 2013 11:26:46 PM

chesteracorgi said:
If you just got the case then return it. You shouldn't have to deal with a defective case.

It really wouldn't be a big deal if I could still power it up without having to open up the case. However, if something else is wrong with it, I will return it.
Score

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 5, 2013 11:42:27 PM

hexgame said:
I could probably just use the reset button for power, right?

I didn't even think of that! Yes, mechanically, both buttons are the same. The only difference is the way they're labeled. Again, the power button will probably work regardless of whether it has the same feel as the reset button.
February 5, 2013 11:45:14 PM

anxiousinfusion said:
I didn't even think of that! Yes, mechanically, both buttons are the same. The only difference is the way they're labeled. Again, the power button will probably work regardless of whether it has the same feel as the reset button.

Thanks, though I'm pretty sure it is busted, it is really loose and just feels weird.

Anyway, thanks for helping. :) 
Score
February 5, 2013 11:45:28 PM

Best answer selected by hexgame.
Score
!