Power button on case might be broken? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexgame

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I didn't get a chance to put everything together yet since I'm still waiting for a few parts, but I got my NZXT Tempest 410 Elite today and the power button seems a bit loose, it also doesn't click like the reset button does. My question is, in the event that the power button is broken, will there be another way to power up my computer without having to open up my case?

I'm pretty new at building, so please let me know. Thanks.

Solution

I didn't even think of that! Yes, mechanically, both buttons are the same. The only difference is the way they're labeled. Again, the power button will probably work regardless of whether it has the same feel as the reset button.

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

All you need to do is bridge the connection between the pins that the power button would normally connect to. Anything metal should work, your screwdriver for instance.

without having to open up my case?

I wouldn't call it a permanent fix but a pin header with two bare leads hanging outside of the case could hold you over until the power button is fixed (assuming it's broken and be careful with them). And the power button might work anyway.

hexgame

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

It really wouldn't be a big deal if I could still power it up without having to open up the case. However, if something else is wrong with it, I will return it.

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

I didn't even think of that! Yes, mechanically, both buttons are the same. The only difference is the way they're labeled. Again, the power button will probably work regardless of whether it has the same feel as the reset button.

Solution

hexgame

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

Thanks, though I'm pretty sure it is busted, it is really loose and just feels weird.

Anyway, thanks for helping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.