Sapphire 7970 OC 3gb - Ghz yes or not?

hashter

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello, I want to buy new graphic card. After some googlin and searchin i decide for 7970 Sapphire 3gb, but i dont know which one have that Ghz edition. I saw it on forums that gigabyte dont have and sapphire does but there are more sapphire version and i dont know which one have that Ghz stuff or which is best. And also i wanna know if sapphire have good cooling - low noises with full load.
Sorry for my english and lack of knowledge and thx for answers.

hashter

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

I saw on tomshardware forums this "Gigabyte card is based on the same reference BIOS of the normal HD 7970 but factory overclocked to 1 GHz, the Sapphire one is based on the BIOS of the new HD 7970 which is called GHz Edition which has improved Texture Fillrate & Memory Bandwidth. " so i thought GHz is better because of improved Texture Fillrate & Memory Bandwidth(but i dont know what it mean) and didnt know if every sapphire have that GHz stuff.
And yea i probably buy card with Vapor-x, windforce looks good but i want sapphire becouse of better overclocking.

Thanks.

ya i doubt its any better, even in benches doesnt change jack.

the sapphire doesnt overclock better, also when u get a card its like the lottery u can win and get a good card that ocs or a bad one that doesnt, so dont just go about oh this overclocks better, id say some have better cooling than others.

TRENDING THREADS