Sign in with
Your question

Two Issues with New Build

Last response: in Systems
September 23, 2012 12:01:02 AM

Device manager is saying Standard VGA Graphics Adapter cannot start. I don't know what this device is. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6870 (1gb vram) installed. That doesn't have any vga ports. My Asus Sabertooth Z77 board just has an HDMI port, no VGA. I don't know how to solve this issue. Also, System is showing that I have 8gb of RAM installed but only 7.7 usable. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Please help!

More about : issues build

September 25, 2012 10:11:46 PM

mathiascali said:
Device manager is saying Standard VGA Graphics Adapter cannot start. I don't know what this device is. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6870 (1gb vram) installed. That doesn't have any vga ports. My Asus Sabertooth Z77 board just has an HDMI port, no VGA. I don't know how to solve this issue. Also, System is showing that I have 8gb of RAM installed but only 7.7 usable. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Please help!

Could I please get some help here? I still can't seem to find a solution for either problem. Thanks.
m
l
September 27, 2012 3:36:43 PM

If the VGA device isnt starting, have you tried disabling it from device manager?

The other thing was if your onboard graphics is disabled in BIOS.
You cant have both onboard and a dedicated GPU running at the same time.

As for the ram issue, ive seen similar issues at work with some older machines, and it hasnt caused any problems.

What is your ram configuration? 2x 4GB? 1x 8GB?
m
l
Related resources
September 27, 2012 6:12:15 PM

velosteraptor said:
If the VGA device isnt starting, have you tried disabling it from device manager?

The other thing was if your onboard graphics is disabled in BIOS.
You cant have both onboard and a dedicated GPU running at the same time.

As for the ram issue, ive seen similar issues at work with some older machines, and it hasnt caused any problems.

What is your ram configuration? 2x 4GB? 1x 8GB?

2 x 4GB corsair vengeance
m
l
October 3, 2012 7:18:18 AM

Anyone have any ideas?
m
l
!