Sign in with
Your question

Questions regarding the temps of my components

Last response: in Systems
September 23, 2012 12:33:24 AM

So i finally got my rig up to 100% working condition now its a matter of tweaking an getting everything setup the way i like it. Normally i havent had to worry about pc temperatures, i wasnt educated enough but i wanted to makes sure i started paying attention to the temps of components, idle and all.

Right now im just looking at my temps and it doesnt look too good. Im running what i would like to call idle, couple instances of diablo 3, 20 some odd tabs of google chrome and a few firefox tabs while scanning some drives lol.

Anyways my logitech g13 is telling me my cpu is jumping between 19-23% while my ram is at a stable 31%. My windows gadget says 24-25% and 31%.

Im running Corsairs Cooling link setup. I was reading that someone said they have their computer set to turn off if their GTX 590s hit the 80 degrees range i believe it was. I remember reading at most the cpu should be around 70 degrees while the GPUs should never go above 80, but can if need be.
This is all in celsius or is it called centigrade? lol its the one with C not F.
Right now since the gtx 590s are technically 2 gpus each heres the temps im running.

590 # 1
NV GPU 1 Temp: 67.0C
NV GPU 2 Temp: 71.0C

590 # 2
NV GPU 3 Temp: 71.0C
NV GPU 4 Temp: 74.0C

CPU: 50.8-52.3C

Do those temperatures look okay, bad, good? Not sure what i should be looking at other than what i read a while back on the manufacturers sites and what ppl had posted of theirs. It just sounded like mine were running a little high so im mainly wondering if i should be concerned. I just replaced all the fans and added 2 more to this build. Got the best fans i could find that arent crazy like 200+ CFM from a 120mm fan. I already have a couple of those loud boys in another build XD

Heres my build:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3960X
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series, model F3-14900CL10Q-32GBZL, 32 gigs quad channel 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM, 1866 (PC3 14900) with 10 cas latency and 10-11-10-30 timing
GPUs: 2 NVIDIA GeForce 590 GTX Classified cards
Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
SSD: Samsung 830 Series MZ-7PC512D/AM, 512 gigs
HDDs: Several different unimportant WD & Seagate drives for storage
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Case: Cooler Master HAF X Blue Edition
Cooling: Corsair link connected to all my fans and an H100 cpu cooler in a push pull config
I also have a pioneer blu ray burner installed if its of any concern.
a c 106 B Homebuilt system
September 23, 2012 1:10:39 AM

Celsius and Centigrade are interchangeable terms, mean the same thing. Celsius is the common name though.

To find the maximum temperature each component is willing to take, look up the TjMax on them. That 3960X has a TjMax of 91c. Graphics cards often don't list them, but its usually a lot higher than CPU's, so I would say ~100-110c. Of course, you dont want them to get anywhere near these temps though.

~70C on the graphics card is pretty good for load temperatures. If that was idle you would have a problem.
Run a program called Furmark for 10min, that will stress the GPU's to 100% and give you the maximum temp they will reach. Post back with the results.

~50C on the CPU is very good for load temps. Run Prime95 for 10min and get back with the results.

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=205
m
l
!