Solved

Monitor cables

Have a noobie question on monitor connection. I'm using a D-sub or VGA or whatever you call the old version cable on both ends to connect my monitor to my graphics card. Since my graphics card is kinda new, I used a DVI converter to connect the other end to the card. So when I play games I have those horizontal ghost line moving up and down. I think it is the cable or the converter's problem.

So my question is will a newer digital cable solve the issue? If so, what kind should I purse would be the best, a HDMI to DVI adapter cable, or just a simple dvi to dvi cable? BTW... my monitor has a 24-pin DVI port. Will it work if I plug in an 18-pin DVI port?

Thank you :)
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about monitor cables
  1. Best answer
    If your monitor isn't larger than 1920x1200 any standard DVI cable would work, and would be your best bet. If you have a large resolution (2560xsomething) then you'd need to get a dual-link DVI cable. Getting an HDMI to DVI cable would just be adding unnecessary complications.

That should fix your problem.
  2. trapper said:
    If your monitor isn't larger than 1920x1200 any standard DVI cable would work, and would be your best bet. If you have a large resolution (2560xsomething) then you'd need to get a dual-link DVI cable. Getting an HDMI to DVI cable would just be adding unnecessary complications.

That should fix your problem.

The resolution is 1680 x 1050. So I guess a standard DVI cable would work.
    Thank you very much :)
  3. Best answer selected by ls86.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Connection DVI Monitors Cable Graphics