Wireless wont show networks

krepotkin

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Hello, I've an old Toshiba that I rescued and got it up and running with XP rather than Vista. Alls good and I download the correct drivers for the model and card, Voila the card works good strength. All is good. Then I leave it for a few hours and its dropped the network and none are visible. Have re-installed drivers etc card is visible and says device is working properly. But no networks?

krepotkin

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Well I solved it.... Although the front switch on the Equium L40 10u was turned on you have to press Fn (function) and F8 aswell to enable it and your light will flash like a christmas tree!.. After I had gone into TCP/IP settings and pinging etc.. Try that first, probably the same on a lot of laptops aswell.. :) DOH!!

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
lol i found that out the hard way aswell, but you'd be surprised at just how many laptops dont have an LED to show network activity so when you press that key you need to leave it for a couple of mins to kick in, otherwise you end up pressing it loads and you have no idea if its on or not lol.

Just a little addition tip.