Help: Canon G2 Software Problems

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 28, 2005 8:37:23 PM

I had to send some images to someone and so I picked up a Canon
G2($150). I downloaded the windows software here:
http://software.canon-europe.com/Cameras/Digital_Camera...

I attempted to install, but no icons appeared on my desktop, and there
is no way to get the images out of the G2 so I can e-mail them. The
Twain driver and WIA driver don't seem to do anything. I get a lot of
computer-like icons when I "install" them(k1a1_ukx & k1a8_ukx) in my
accessories menu, but that is it. clicking them does nothing, and since
there was no reference to anything I downloaded and install in my
add/remove folder, I just used the uninstall for the wia and deleted
everything else(k1a1_ukx & k1a8_ukx) from the accessories menu.

Before I try again, I'd appreciate any advice concerning what I may be
doing wrong.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 4:28:43 AM

The easiest thing to do is get a card reader. They only cost $20 and you
don't need any drivers with WinXP. All your problems are solved. The other
way, good luck. It works but is a real pain, as you have found out.

Marten

!