Sign in with
Your question

Ati2dvag bypass want better fix.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 3, 2012 9:47:53 AM

Hello,
I have 2 4870x2, used to be crossfired. one of em i believe is dead. The other one is giving me at2dvag bleu screen on every normal boot. Usually under hardware it would display 4 display adapters. Reason i think one is dead because now only 2 adapters are detected. Finally, by disabeling one of the adapters ( does this mean half my card? ) the ati2dvag problem was solved. I cant tell if i lost performance, seems to work, but I would like to find a better solution. New to this, bare with me if im incomplete. TY

More about : ati2dvag bypass fix

August 3, 2012 9:56:54 AM

4 adapters? Are you still using Windows XP?
August 3, 2012 10:05:04 AM

yes i am still on xp, will soon get 7.
Related resources
August 3, 2012 10:13:29 AM

Windows XP shows one adapter per display output, this is why you're seeing 4. You can download Windows 7 and run it as a Trial for 30 days, should give you enough time to find the problem
August 3, 2012 6:27:03 PM

Now that I updated to win7 my ati2dvag problem changed to a atikmpag problem. For the rest everything is same as before. One dead card, the other detected as 2 display adapters. Disabeling one helps bypassing this atikmapg problem.
Ty for so far though.
August 3, 2012 6:47:36 PM

I also noticed that I am getting black lines over text making it unreadable. Desktop colors and brightness doesnt looks so healthy either.

Update: windows updates seem to have fixed that problem.
August 4, 2012 1:28:43 AM

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Keep an eye on it, perhaps take one of the cards out
August 4, 2012 7:26:24 AM

Iv tried to take one card out swapping places and all that.
Ill keep posting if something changes, thank you.
August 5, 2012 12:21:57 PM

I noticed that when i get the bleu screen, just before i crash the 3d red LED indicator on my card lights up for like 1s. Is that normal or does it mean anything?
August 5, 2012 12:28:02 PM

nvm, seems like its something that happens every time the pc boots or resets regardless of a bleuscreen.
August 10, 2012 8:43:18 AM

I am having artifacts also on full screen mode. To check my 2d and 3d clocks, I noticed I have no performance/overdrive tab in ccc. I tried rivatuner but again, there was no tab to adjust clock speeds. There shouldnt be any overclocking going on though.
I think by disabling the slave adapter in hardware manager, I disabled those features? But if i enable it I get bleuscreen on windows boot.

Any suggestions? Thanks
August 11, 2012 8:37:54 PM

at the end i had to replace the card, thanks.
!