Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Upgrade from 560TI SLI to 670?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 3, 2012 11:15:21 AM

Hi all,

so as the thread suggests, ive been thinking about upgrading from my GTX560TI SLI setup to This GTX 670 4GB

I Just wanted to know if it would be worth the Time and effort to sell my 560's and get the 670. I play a lot of demanding games and at 2560x1440 too. I am able to play most on high setting at the moment but can't max games out due to VRAM shortage.

Also, i would not like to spend more than £200 on the upgrade, including sale of my 560's, hopefully i can get £100 each for them. Also are there other ways to sell my GPU's other than ebay in the uk?

My build:
BOARD: Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UD3R
CPU: i7 920 @3.6ghz
CPU COOLER: Prolimatech megahalem push pull config.
GPU: 2 x Gigabyte GTX560TI OC 1GB
RAM: 12GB OCZ Reaper 1600Mhz
SSD: OCZ vertex 2 240GB
CASE: Antec 902..... NZXT Phantom on the way.

Many thanks.

More about : upgrade 560ti sli 670

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2012 11:33:53 AM

Hi.
I am not sure if you are talking about upgrading to a single GTX 670 or SLI GTX 670. Either way, I would not recommend you to upgrade. You are able to play at high settings. I would recommend you to consider upgrading when it falls back to medium settings.

- Fastreaction
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2012 11:38:47 AM

Your 560 Ti's are just as fast as a GTX 670.Upgrading to a GTX 670 won't improve your performance significantly it will just remove all the SLI issues you might have.
For high resolution gaming a Radeon HD 7970 will outperform a GTX 670 and will also overclock better.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-sapphire-radeon-hd-7...

If i were you i can upgrade to something significantly better.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2012 11:42:20 AM

Kamen_BG said:
Your 560 Ti's are just as fast as a GTX 670.Upgrading to a GTX 670 won't improve your performance significantly it will just remove all the SLI issues you might have.
For high resolution gaming a Radeon HD 7970 will outperform a GTX 670 and will also overclock better.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-sapphire-radeon-hd-7...

If i were you i can upgrade to something significantly better.

I don't see why he needs to upgrade at all. He is able to play his games fine from what I read. I would only recommend him to upgrade if he is experiencing problems with his sli setup, low fps etc.

- Fastreaction
August 3, 2012 12:03:13 PM

fastreaction said:
Hi.
I am not sure if you are talking about upgrading to a single GTX 670 or SLI GTX 670. Either way, I would not recommend you to upgrade. You are able to play at high settings. I would recommend you to consider upgrading when it falls back to medium settings.

- Fastreaction

I was thinking of not going SLI on the 670 and just get a 4GB version as to solve my VRAM Shortage. I played Maxpayne 3 and battlefield 3 on high settings and i managed 60FPS comfortably with low AA settings, its just that i know i can get better.

But i understand what you mean, its very hard to keep up with the technology and no doubt in a years time there will be a new series of cards. i didn't really future proof this build when i was buying parts, and have just bin adding parts ever since.

So i think i will just wait for the next series of cards and get what ever is best at that time.

Thanks for the help.
August 3, 2012 12:03:43 PM

Best answer selected by KOKOKH.
August 3, 2012 12:04:42 PM

fastreaction said:
I don't see why he needs to upgrade at all. He is able to play his games fine from what I read. I would only recommend him to upgrade if he is experiencing problems with his sli setup, low fps etc.

- Fastreaction

To clarify, the 7970 only outperforms the 670 by a slight margin in resolutions above 1080p otherwise the 670 reigns over the 7970 by a slight margin in most games.

Having a single 670 will allow you to maxout any current game in 1080p resolutions and maintain 60+ fps and that is a known fact. If you decide to purchase a 670 and move away from the SLI 560 Ti setup, it will consume much less power which could help offset your power bill by a little, less noise, and I am pretty sure your system will produce less heat due to the fact you are running one less card.

A 2GB card will be suffecient for the next few years. Most games won't use more than 1GB unless your playing BF3, Skyrim, or Metro then I believe they use upwards of 1.5 GB memory on the video card in maxed settings. Most people are recommending that you only buy a 4GB if your running a multi monitor display setup and I will probably recommend this as well.

My recommendation is to probably keep your SLI 560 Ti's for right now because they will max anything out and I am not sure you will see any appreciable gains by buying a 670 GTX right now. I'd say wait until the 7XX series from Nvidia come out before you look to upgrade. Good luck on your choices.
!