Solved

Upgrade from 560TI SLI to 670?

Hi all,

so as the thread suggests, ive been thinking about upgrading from my GTX560TI SLI setup to This GTX 670 4GB

I Just wanted to know if it would be worth the Time and effort to sell my 560's and get the 670. I play a lot of demanding games and at 2560x1440 too. I am able to play most on high setting at the moment but can't max games out due to VRAM shortage.

Also, i would not like to spend more than £200 on the upgrade, including sale of my 560's, hopefully i can get £100 each for them. Also are there other ways to sell my GPU's other than ebay in the uk?

My build:
BOARD: Gigabyte GA-EX58A-UD3R
CPU: i7 920 @3.6ghz
CPU COOLER: Prolimatech megahalem push pull config.
GPU: 2 x Gigabyte GTX560TI OC 1GB
RAM: 12GB OCZ Reaper 1600Mhz
SSD: OCZ vertex 2 240GB
CASE: Antec 902..... NZXT Phantom on the way.

Many thanks.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade 560ti
  1. Best answer
    Hi.
    I am not sure if you are talking about upgrading to a single GTX 670 or SLI GTX 670. Either way, I would not recommend you to upgrade. You are able to play at high settings. I would recommend you to consider upgrading when it falls back to medium settings.

    - Fastreaction
  2. Your 560 Ti's are just as fast as a GTX 670.Upgrading to a GTX 670 won't improve your performance significantly it will just remove all the SLI issues you might have.
    For high resolution gaming a Radeon HD 7970 will outperform a GTX 670 and will also overclock better.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-sapphire-radeon-hd-7970-oc-5700mhz-gddr5-28nm-gpu-950mhz-2048-cores-hdmi-2x-mini-displayport-dl-

    If i were you i can upgrade to something significantly better.
  3. Kamen_BG said:
    Your 560 Ti's are just as fast as a GTX 670.Upgrading to a GTX 670 won't improve your performance significantly it will just remove all the SLI issues you might have.
    For high resolution gaming a Radeon HD 7970 will outperform a GTX 670 and will also overclock better.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-sapphire-radeon-hd-7970-oc-5700mhz-gddr5-28nm-gpu-950mhz-2048-cores-hdmi-2x-mini-displayport-dl-

    If i were you i can upgrade to something significantly better.


    I don't see why he needs to upgrade at all. He is able to play his games fine from what I read. I would only recommend him to upgrade if he is experiencing problems with his sli setup, low fps etc.

    - Fastreaction
  4. fastreaction said:
    Hi.
    I am not sure if you are talking about upgrading to a single GTX 670 or SLI GTX 670. Either way, I would not recommend you to upgrade. You are able to play at high settings. I would recommend you to consider upgrading when it falls back to medium settings.

    - Fastreaction



    I was thinking of not going SLI on the 670 and just get a 4GB version as to solve my VRAM Shortage. I played Maxpayne 3 and battlefield 3 on high settings and i managed 60FPS comfortably with low AA settings, its just that i know i can get better.

    But i understand what you mean, its very hard to keep up with the technology and no doubt in a years time there will be a new series of cards. i didn't really future proof this build when i was buying parts, and have just bin adding parts ever since.

    So i think i will just wait for the next series of cards and get what ever is best at that time.

    Thanks for the help.
  5. Best answer selected by KOKOKH.
  6. fastreaction said:
    I don't see why he needs to upgrade at all. He is able to play his games fine from what I read. I would only recommend him to upgrade if he is experiencing problems with his sli setup, low fps etc.

    - Fastreaction


    To clarify, the 7970 only outperforms the 670 by a slight margin in resolutions above 1080p otherwise the 670 reigns over the 7970 by a slight margin in most games.

    Having a single 670 will allow you to maxout any current game in 1080p resolutions and maintain 60+ fps and that is a known fact. If you decide to purchase a 670 and move away from the SLI 560 Ti setup, it will consume much less power which could help offset your power bill by a little, less noise, and I am pretty sure your system will produce less heat due to the fact you are running one less card.

    A 2GB card will be suffecient for the next few years. Most games won't use more than 1GB unless your playing BF3, Skyrim, or Metro then I believe they use upwards of 1.5 GB memory on the video card in maxed settings. Most people are recommending that you only buy a 4GB if your running a multi monitor display setup and I will probably recommend this as well.

    My recommendation is to probably keep your SLI 560 Ti's for right now because they will max anything out and I am not sure you will see any appreciable gains by buying a 670 GTX right now. I'd say wait until the 7XX series from Nvidia come out before you look to upgrade. Good luck on your choices.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Graphics