Need to change icon

August 26, 2005 8:47:03 AM

HI

I need to know how i can change the icon of folder, file, connect drive
etc... if someone knoe how the registry work or have a program let me know

Any tips will be well receive

More about : change icon

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:38:08 PM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 04:47:03 -0700, Luc
<Luc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to know how i can change the icon of folder, file, connect drive
>etc... if someone knoe how the registry work or have a program let me know

For a folder,
Right click, Properties, Customize, Change Icon

For a file, I believe the icon is determined by the program the file
opens with.

For a drive, you can set up "autorun.inf" in the root directory. In
that file, have these two lines:
[Autorun]
ICON=filename.ICO
I don't know whether this works for non-removable drives, but it's
how my USB hard drive is set up.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)
!