CPU or Motherboard broken?

Timppeli

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hi, I first posted on Widows 7 forums, as I thought the problem might be windows related, but now it seams it hardware that is malfunctioning and every other component on my computer has been already changed except the motherboard and CPU. Here is the copy paste from the actual problem and link to that thread:

" My build is:
Intel 3570K
MSI Z77A-G43
8GB of 1600mhz Ram.
MSI Geforce 680
Corsair GT 240gb SSD drive.
1Tb Western digital HD.

Problems started some time ago, when i started my computer up, sometimes my monitor didn't react. Computer seamed to start normally but monitor remained black, didn't even go to BIOS start up screen. After few restarts it usually started to work and I had no trouble until i needed to start the computer again.

Then the problem spread a bit, I could get to the windows start screen and when I logged in, it turned the screen black. Once again after a few restarts I usually was able to continue and use the computer normally. Play games etc and it was stable. This went on for quite some time, sometimes i had no problems and sometimes I had to restart the computer 2-6 times before getting to windows. Logs didn't show anything special, except the kernel power shutdown as i was forced to shut it down by pressing the power button for 5 sec.

I thought the problem might be with my Geforce 680, so I took it off and tried to use the 3570K:s graphic chip, no help, actually that just made it worse, it has finally broken up completely. Now i cant get the computer to work in any other than safe mode. And the screen doesn't anymore just go black after windows start up, it also suddenly boots the whole computer.

I have also tried to install windows again, but in the middle of the install process, it always does the same as in start up, screen turns to black and the computer restarts. I have also run different stability tests when in safe mode and everything works fine... Until I try to start windows normally.

Im really lost here, what could be the cause of all this? Any help would be greatly appreciated ! "

And the link to that thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/68343-63-very-weird-crashes-figure-them#bas

So, now the big question is, which one I replace? To which one does the symptoms fit better? Or could it still be something other that is causing this? If anyone has any ideas, I would really like to hear them, thanks in advance.

bradderzd1994

Honorable
May 24, 2012
What power supply do you have? You could always try to exchange the components as they could be faulty as long as you didn't buy them too long ago

Timppeli

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

My PSU is Corsair TX750W, and I actually tried already a friends PSU on my computer, but that didn't help. I have also tried two differend graphics cards, changed my memory modules, tried two differend HD:s, so there isn't much left where the fault could be. :) Unfortunatly I dont have any spare motherboards or CPU:s I could try, nor do my friends. So, im pretty much forced to send either one based on my best ques for warranty change.