Different DVI-Cables

xerxces

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I am setting up three monitors and it is recommended that I do not use VGA. My question is what are the two different types of DVI connectors on my 6870? They are both different and I need to buy another one just want to make sure I get the right one.

DM186

Splendid
How are they different? They should be both a DVI-D which has the one bar on the end like - the other DVI-I it has a plus bar at the end like + there is one more type of DVI but I doubt it is the one that is different.

The DVI-D will work in the DVI-I but the DVI-I will not work in the DVI-D or noticeable reasons. Let us know if you have anything different than what I have stated and If you can post a pic ot the two DVI ends. Good luck to you.

DM186

Splendid

^^^
That might actually be true statement but in a lot of lierature and onwers manuals refer to DVI-I and on web sites so undeneath what you are saying is that a DVI-A is a rebadged DVI-I and DVI-D if you will?

But that statement could and would confuse somepeople. So to show the OP that a DVI-I is still called a DVI-I I put this link so other people who read this thread won't get to confused. And I do believe in your statement and it has true merit. Cheers

http://www.ramelectronics.net/DVI_info.ep

TRENDING THREADS