Trouble Powering Up - Any Help??

Informator

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2002
I have a basic system which was requisitioned from an office clearout. It is, as far as I can see, a Pentium 2 266, with 128MB RAM, 2.5GB HDD. I have a sister system which is identical running fine. It is a decent system and I would like to sell it after formatting, checking, etc.

The problem is, it won't start up. But it's not that simple - as soon as I plug in the main live power cable, the whole system starts without me pressing the ON/Off button. It goes into a state of sleep straight away - the monitor does not receive any signals. The CD-ROM and Floppy have power, but do not check for boot disks. The power button does not work and I have to physically take out the lead to turn it off.

I can't think of what might be wrong and I can't sell it without formatting. I certainly don't want to throw it awya and I have no use for parts. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for all your help...

svol

Champion
Have you checked if all power connectors are inserted right and if all wires from the case are inserted to the mobo.
Maybe resetting the BIOS can help.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

TRENDING THREADS