How can I improve my gaming experience?

So I bought a new graphics card recently and after reading up on it, it wasn't really something worth the money. I want a better gaming experience; that includes better graphics and higher fps. I also would like to stream will having a few other applications in the background. Currently I am trying to stream but it lags like i have 20 fps but it says like 40-50 while playing it but i have around 60fps while not streaming and is perfectly fine. Btw the game is League of Legends, but I would also like to play big games like Fallout 3 better because it lags a bit every so often while not streaming and sometimes even crashes so i just don't know.

Here's my setup:
Processor- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
Memory (RAM)- 2GB
Graphics Card- GeForce GT 430
32-bit operating system

Is there anything I can upgrade to improve gaming? Or should I just buy a better graphics card? And if so, what would you recommend? (something under $200 preferably )

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about improve gaming experience
  1. Your cpu is weak - many newer games do better with more core. Your cpu is not that fast either. The GT 430 is not very strong either. Decide if you want to upgrade just the GPU right now.
    EDIT -tell us your psu make & model - If it's up to the task a GTX 560TI
    -Bruce
  2. well what would help the most? i can only afford 1 thing at the moment and upgrade the others later, any suggestion?
    oh and pci express 2.0
  3. a newer gpu might help..but right now your weak spot is your cpu. you can add a newer gpu if your power supply is good size and brand..the new 640 gpu and the 650 gpu that are in your price range. going to add a new gpu you want to match it to a fast cpu so you dont bottle neck it.
  4. Essentially, your overall system (CPU, amount of memory, video card, etc) is underpowered by current standards. To perform the degree of multi-tasking you desire, you really need to upgrade your entire system.

That being the case, what sort of budget do you have to work with?

Regarding your current config, you can lower your graphics settings in the games to lower the GPU's processing load that can help.

Good luck!
  5. COLGeek said:
    Essentially, your overall system (CPU, amount of memory, video card, etc) is underpowered by current standards. To perform the degree of multi-tasking you desire, you really need to upgrade your entire system.

That being the case, what sort of budget do you have to work with?

Regarding your current config, you can lower your graphics settings in the games to lower the GPU's processing load that can help.

Good luck!

well if i end up spending over like $800 upgrading all of this i might as well have bought a new computer >.> so i guess right now i can currently afford something for 200 or lower whatever the upgrade may be, but after a while i can save up for the other upgrades so yeah. also if you could link me to some suggestions on what to replace that would be really helpful
  6. for better gaming result get the GTX 460 1gb, it is more than enough for your current setup.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Graphics