Green Screen afer Power Outage

Avion34

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Hello,
We had a lightning storm the other day and we lost power for a few seconds. My computer was on when this happened. I went to start my comuter and the whole screen has a green tint. I adjusted some of the monitor settings (and the menu for that as not green by the way). Just need any help I can get! Also sorry if there are some spelling mistakes its a little hard to read on this screen. My friend said it could be the graphics card? Thanks!

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
It could be the graphics card (GPU) or it could be the monitor. If you have another monitor or TV you can plug the PC in to, or another PC to plug into your monitor that would help narrow down which is causing the problem.

Avion34

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Also I don't know if this helps but when I was trying to change the Brightness to a lower setting the screen went from green to pink. Also when I changed the color settings I couldn't move the green it was locked (the blue and red were fine though). I don't know if thts normal or not. Anyway I'll try the TV thing.

fastreaction

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Green and pink is absolutely not normal :p. Yeah you should try the TV thing. If the TV works without problems then it means that your monitor is the problem and if it does not work then it is probably your GPU.

- Fastreaction

Avion34

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Yeah I got my friend to come over with another monitor and it was greenless. So I ended up going to Best Buy and got a nice new monitor on sale! So I guess it all worked out...except we're supposed to get another thunderstorm tonight. Knock on wood. Thanks a lot for your help! :)