Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Ordering these parts in a week.

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 23, 2012 5:07:55 AM

Anything I should change?

I'm a bit skeptical about the motherboard its a bit on the cheap side, is it OK or should I change it?

Also buying the CPU at micro center so it will be 40$ cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/igAb

PS I am an idiot who forgot to post the link.

More about : ordering parts week

September 23, 2012 5:08:31 AM

I don't see any links.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2012 6:35:16 AM

The B75 doesn't over clock so no real reason to get an unlocked cpu. You can pick up the 3450 at microcenter for a cheap $150. Also 630w is total over kill for one of those cards, look at a 500w - 550w psu although a 500w will run it just fine.
Share
Related resources
September 23, 2012 6:47:22 AM

Why_Me said:
The B75 doesn't over clock so no real reason to get an unlocked cpu. You can pick up the 3450 at microcenter for a cheap $150. Also 630w is total over kill for one of those cards, look at a 500w - 550w psu although a 500w will run it just fine.


If the mobo can't oc than I don't want it, any recommendations?
m
0
l
September 23, 2012 7:31:20 AM

Best answer selected by lemongrassgogolo.
m
0
l
September 23, 2012 7:39:34 AM

You can also downgrade the PSU to about 450-500W.
630W is too much for your build.
m
0
l
September 23, 2012 8:00:42 AM

Why_Me said:
The B75 doesn't over clock so no real reason to get an unlocked cpu. You can pick up the 3450 at microcenter for a cheap $150. Also 630w is total over kill for one of those cards, look at a 500w - 550w psu although a 500w will run it just fine.


excella1221 said:
You can also downgrade the PSU to about 450-500W.
630W is too much for your build.



What if I want to upgrade/crossfire in the future? Won't I need a powerful PSU


Also its only 60$
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2012 8:11:21 AM

lemongrassgogolo said:
What if I want to upgrade/crossfire in the future? Won't I need a powerful PSU


Also its only 60$

http://www.microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_... <---- it's $50 off that board if you bundle it with the 3570K (@ microcenter and it's a walk in deal only)
m
0
l
September 23, 2012 8:42:09 AM

lemongrassgogolo said:
What if I want to upgrade/crossfire in the future? Won't I need a powerful PSU


Also its only 60$

Ah, then by all means go get it. :D  Although you -might- need something bigger than 630w by then.
Hmm, upon checking, it seems your PSU has 50amps on the +12V rail. That's pretty impressive. Hopefully it can actually utilize most of that.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2012 8:52:02 AM

excella1221 said:
Ah, then by all means go get it. :D  Although you -might- need something bigger than 630w by then.
Hmm, upon checking, it seems your PSU has 50amps on the +12V rail. That's pretty impressive. Hopefully it can actually utilize most of that.

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-80PLUS-Certified-Modular-... $86.00 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Corsair CX 750 Watts 80PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply CP-9020015-NA
m
0
l
September 23, 2012 8:55:09 AM

Eh... why quote me? :p 
m
0
l
!