How do I delete a Nero imagedrive?

G

I installed a demo version of Nero, decided I don't care for it, and deleted it. The problem is, it won't take the blasted imagedrive with it. I've tried removing it in Control Panel, where it says its removed, but after rebooting, there it is again.

Anybody have an idea on how to lose this? I think its messing up other programs, and know it has slowed Windows explorer. The machine had Win98SE on it.

Thanks,

PoppaSteve

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you try removing it through the device manager. Just highlight it (under CD/DVD section) and remove it.

As for the icon in the control panel, click on it. If you get no response, then imagedrive is deleted, but the CPL file (the icon in control panel) wasn't. That file is in the Windows\System folder (on Win9x) or WinNT\System32 (NT\W2K). If you can find which CPL file it is, you could safely delete it or just change the file association and see if it disappears.

G

Thanks for the info. Actually, I did try to remove it in Device manager, and it would just keep coming back.

I did get rid of it--I "installed" a new driver for it (I can't remember which one) and then was able to delete it in Device Manager. Still can't figure out why it wouldn't go in the first place, though.

G

have you tried to find out a fix at a news group or try going to the web site and asking them for tech help? do you still have problem?

TRENDING THREADS