Should i be expecting lower temperatures?

justinp94

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
So i Have a phenom x6 overclocked to 3.5ghz from 2.8, a cooler master vortex plus with a 92mm fan and 4 heat pipes, 3 80mm silex fans (2 intake, 1 exhaust), a 80mm fan blowing on the cpu mounted inside the case, 3 40mm fans in one of my 5.25 inch bays (intake), and a pci slot exhaust fan, also my 7770 (slightly oc'd) runs around 40c at idle, with a room temp of about 25c. So with all that my cpu idle temp is 30c and around 70c on 100% load (keep in mind i dont have a modular power supply, and i cant hide my wires). I was just wondering if this was acceptable, or if i should consider other cooling options.
Thanks.

thats alot of fans! I would remove the 3x 40mm's in the bays as I would imagine they are load and probably arent helping much...

as for temps, idle temp looks fine but 70 is too hot I would say - I thought the phenoms were comfortable around <65, but I am not an AMD guy so someone else can confirm.

With that room temp your temps look fine - cable management will help if its messy in there, and can help ALOT sometimes. I dont have a modular PSU and have an ANTEC 300 case with no realt dedicated management holes, but all wires are out the way and there is a clear flowpath front to back - its worth spending some time making sure its tidy in there (took me a full day!)