Upgrading to i7 37790k

Hi community.
I am about to get the i7 and am just in need of knowledge about what to change on my bios. I have the i5 2500k installed now. The reason for change is I will also be getting an Asus GTX 690 and it is a PCIe 3.0 lane card. Yes I know it would work on PCIe 2 but I want to get It done for future.
Thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about upgrading 37790k
  1. Sorry mistyped 3770k.
  2. Yes the GTX 690 will work on a pcie 2.0 16x slot well... No problems with that and you wont see any bottle-necking or compatibility issues.

If you are just gaming, you do not need a i7 3770K, a 3570K. But if you do edit video, then buy a 3770K
  3. Can you list out your system specs... I could help more with them.
    Post your motherboard, case and power supply model and how much RAM you have...
  4. psu is ocz zs 750
    mobo is asus maximus iv gene-z gen 3
    ram is g.skill ripjaws @ 1600. 16Gb
    gpu is Gigabyte gtx 570 s oc
    cpu is i5 2500k.
    case unsure.
    All I really need to know is is there much I need to change in bios? Can't be as easy as a straight swap.
  5. timarp000 said:
    Yes the GTX 690 will work on a pcie 2.0 16x slot well... No problems with that and you wont see any bottle-necking or compatibility issues.

If you are just gaming, you do not need a i7 3770K, a 3570K. But if you do edit video, then buy a 3770K

Thanks.
  6. with that build, you will be fine for sure...
  7. It was the voltage I was asking about. I used cmos and the rest was automatic. Now am in process of overclocking lol.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Intel i5