Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Win 7 Enterprise Serial Key

Last response: in Windows 7
February 13, 2012 4:47:20 PM

Hi

I recently sent my pc in for repairs after a lightning strike, and when it returned I found that the guy I had sent it to had installed a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and given me 4gb RAM (-_-) This seems quite restrictive, and I'd rather have a 64 bit version in case I want to install more RAM later on.

I want to install the 64 bit version (I can get the disc from a friend), but I can't get hold of my serial key.

Is there a way for me to obtain the serial key used to install Win 7 ENTERPRISE? I've tried a few key finders (MagicalJellyBean and WinGuggle), but neither are able to give me the key. I get BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB from MagicalJellyBean and "Serial Key is not available" from WinGuggle.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Sludge

More about : win enterprise serial key

February 13, 2012 4:51:17 PM

Seeing as your pc repair guy installed it, he would know.

Ask him.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2012 4:51:35 PM

This type of stuff can't be talked about on Tom's and is highly frowned upon for even asking.
Score
Related resources
February 13, 2012 4:57:53 PM

No problem. I guess it's back to Google! (again)

Thanks anyway.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2012 5:05:20 PM

Don't see why you can't view your own Licence...Get Belarc Advisor
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Gives you a view of everything on your machine...inc licences. But that would only allow you to load the same version of Windows in 64bit format...
Score
February 13, 2012 5:16:06 PM

Nope, still nothing. It's giving me BBB.... again. I think it may have an issue with Enterprise.

Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 13, 2012 5:20:37 PM

Sounds illegal to me, W7 Enterprise needs a KMS server or MAK key to be activated. I suggest you go back to shop and demand a legal version of W7 Home x64 and get the product key documentation or report his ass to Microsoft, as they sometimes give out replacements.
February 13, 2012 5:24:55 PM

Sounds like you got an pirated copy of Windows. Go back and hold the shop accountable, tell them you're going to call the Business Software Alliance, which is who polices this kind of stuff.
Score
a c 420 $ Windows 7
February 13, 2012 5:30:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a c 420 $ Windows 7
February 13, 2012 5:30:18 PM

Best answer selected by area51reopened.
Score
!