Sign in with
Your question

Is my hd 4870x2 compatible with my asrock alivenf6g-dvi

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 3, 2012 3:35:41 PM

Hello,
is my hd 4870x2 compatible with my asrock alivenf6g-dvi as i just got my cardi have tried everything i can think of to make it work curintly its just my mobo and gpu that is running i have unpluged everything els my mobo is only drawing 140w from my psu and it is a 550w thanks guy's
August 3, 2012 3:53:47 PM

It's compatable. A 550w PSU won't output 550w just because thats how much it can do. It will only output as much as is needed at the time. If your problem is that the PSU doesn't output more power then that isn't a problem at all.

Or is the PC not booting?
August 3, 2012 4:37:05 PM

trapper said:
It's compatable. A 550w PSU won't output 550w just because thats how much it can do. It will only output as much as is needed at the time. If your problem is that the PSU doesn't output more power then that isn't a problem at all.

Or is the PC not booting?

the pc is booting but only with the asrock dvi port not the graphics card ports :(  and the card isn't found in device manger thanks for you reply :) 
Related resources
August 3, 2012 4:40:04 PM

i only said about the 140w draw because i read on hear that this card draws high w at idel thanks agin :) 
August 3, 2012 4:56:17 PM

Check the bios when you boot with the asrock DVI port used. Check if you have to change from the CPU's GPU to the dedicated GPU somewhere.
August 3, 2012 5:03:51 PM

i have put the bios settings for gpu to PCi-e and it is still giveing me bother before i had this card i was useing nivida chipset card but i deleted all the old driver's and put on amd catilist but i cant find the card in catilist ether the card starts up ok and shows the start up light's and spin's up i am stumped thanks for your qwick reply
August 3, 2012 5:08:45 PM

In windows' add and remove programs there is nothing at all from nVidia still installed? Swapping from nVidia to ati (and vice versa) can have weird problems like this. Which ver. of windows are you using?
August 3, 2012 5:11:10 PM

win 7 64bit i could do a clean if you think that might help but i hav nivida on board gpu ???
August 3, 2012 5:18:07 PM

no there is no nivida programs left
August 5, 2012 3:56:27 PM

trapper said:
In windows' add and remove programs there is nothing at all from nVidia still installed? Swapping from nVidia to ati (and vice versa) can have weird problems like this. Which ver. of windows are you using?

problem solved trapper i blew my 550w psu last night so i had my cuzin test the card on his duel xenon server and the card is ok i have my system running on an old 400w psu while i wait for a more addiqite 700w psu thank's for your input tho :)  without the card lol
!