Radeon 3200 HD OnBoard problems

Hello everyone! :) I am having a few problems with my On Board GPU. It's being a silly thing. Any video on youtube i play stutters and so does the sound, this can be when clicking on something or when opening a new tab. I am going to get a new gaming build in a few months. I have the drivers all updated and i have DirectX 11. 480p and lower are ok in youtube but i always like 720p or 1080p depending on my internet speed. I have £30 budget to buy a small card for my computer for the meantime so can you suggest me something? I only get San Andreas 35fps at minimum settings so i'd also like to run that a bit better but its noy for gaming. I have changed the color scheme to Basic because its slow in Aero.

I have heard the 6450 is a great budget card so what about that? Or is there a way I can fix stutter? Thanks, Dan.
13 answers Last reply
More about radeon 3200 onboard problems
  1. Need to list

    PC specs, CPU, case, power supply at least, full model number with the specs if you know what it is if it's a off the shelf system.
    Operating System
    Monitor resolution
  2. Dell Inspiron 546:

    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ @ 2.8GHz
    Don't know the PSU
    Monitor: 18.5 DELL 1366x768
    Windows 7 Home premium (Basic color scheme)
    Case: Whatever the Dell Inspiron 546 case is
  3. You're need to open up your PC and check the PSU. It's the most important deciding factor which tells which graphics cards you can buy.
  4. Sunius said:
    You're need to open up your PC and check the PSU. It's the most important deciding factor which tells which graphics cards you can buy.

    sir a hd 6450 or a hd 6570 doesnt require much of a powersupply
    any generic 250w psu should do the trick
    as for the card i suggest this one-
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Radeon-Silent-Profile-Bracket/dp/B00371PORS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1344093818&sr=8-6
    its cheap and should be enough for hd videos and movies
  5. Yea 250 watt will. However, 150 watt will not. And I know quite a few systems that has it.
  6. dansgas1000 said:
    Dell Inspiron 546:

    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ @ 2.8GHz
    Don't know the PSU
    Monitor: 18.5 DELL 1366x768
    Windows 7 Home premium (Basic color scheme)
    Case: Whatever the Dell Inspiron 546 case is



    Open the case and look at the power supply specs, it should be enough to run a 6450 in that model but better to be sure.
  7. Hmmm... is there any other way to check?
  8. dansgas1000 said:
    Hmmm... is there any other way to check?


    To check the power supply? Only way is to look at the model number. You have to open the case anyway to install the video card, why not to check the power supply?
  9. i looked in the little book and it is 300w :)
  10. If you got a 300 watt power supply in that Dell, I strongly suggest you spend a bit more and get a Radeon 6670, it will be much faster than the 6450 for not a lot more money, and will work in your computer providing it's a full size case.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=redeon+6670&x=0&y=0
  11. hang-the-9 said:
    If you got a 300 watt power supply in that Dell, I strongly suggest you spend a bit more and get a Radeon 6670, it will be much faster than the 6450 for not a lot more money, and will work in your computer providing it's a full size case.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=redeon+6670&x=0&y=0


    I totally see what you are saying but in about 2 months i'm getting a proper gaming rig i just need something that: Runs San Andreas a little better and stops the lag when watching 720p/1080p videos. Hopefully i will be a able you use Aero mode too as i am currently using basic. Also this may be a little off topic but i have 11.3 Flash player and it keep being unresponsive and making my PC performance REALLY poor please help me on that because it's SO annoying and i don't want to make another topic. Thanks :)
  12. Uninstall and re-install Flash, if that does not fix it, try using a different web browser.
  13. hang-the-9 said:
    Uninstall and re-install Flash, if that does not fix it, try using a different web browser.



    Ok thanks :)

    If i have further problems i will make a new topic.

    As for the video card: I think i will stick with a 6450, it probably much better than a HD 3200 and should be better performance considering it's a discrete card. (Well i think it is) thank you for you help man and have a nice day :).

    Oh just one more Q: Is the 6450 overclockable? :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product