Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
i7 3730k
Kingston Hyperx Genesis 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz
Kingston Hyperx 3k 240 gb
dz77sl50k motherboard
galaxy nvidia gtx 670
dvd writer

According to GPU-Z,CPU-Z and the bios, The graphics card is running at PCIe3.0 x8 and not at PCIe 3.0 x16 even though the board is compatible, I have no sli or any other cards. Can you please explain to me why this is happening and what I can do to correct it?

Solution

there's a slight difference in this case and your suppose to be @ x16 and we need to get you there.
do not settle for x8/.

the difference in x8/ and x16/ is more minimal in SLi or CF-X set-ups
in single card mode, you are at a disadvantage in x8/.

claw999

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dz77sl-50k.html , I Mounted it on the blue slot (the only PCI Expressx16 one). Why is the bios saying this? I paid like 500 dollars extra to get this ivy bridge setup as opposed to a sandy bridge, do you know why it is running at this speed? Is PCIe3.0x8 better than PCIe2.0x16? Will changing the motherboard,updating the bios or changing the graphics card make the card run at PCIe3.0x16? Also the bios says the card is running at 2.5 GT/s

claw999

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

Already tried that,still the same, you don't need to click that if your link state power management is off

claw999

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
nope can't find it, can only find the place where you enable usb ports, it is not even in the bios glossary, http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/biosglossarybymenu_v17.pdf, why do you say there is no difference between running at x8 and x16?

verbalizer

Distinguished

there's a slight difference in this case and your suppose to be @ x16 and we need to get you there.
do not settle for x8/.

the difference in x8/ and x16/ is more minimal in SLi or CF-X set-ups
in single card mode, you are at a disadvantage in x8/.

Solution

verbalizer

Distinguished
I think I'm on to something....
BIOS UPDATES:
http://ark.intel.com/products/63246/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ77SL-50K

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21600/eng/SL_0081_ReleaseNotes.pdf
About This Release:
• Date: Jul 19, 2012
• ME Firmware: 8.0.13.1502
• Integrated Graphics Option ROM: Build 2132 PC 14.34
• SATA RAID Option ROM: v11.0.0.1204
• LAN Option ROM: v1376 PXE 2.1 Build 089
New Fixes/Features:
• Modified Overclocking Assistant setup item.
• Fixed issue where SMBIOS values cannot be overwritten.
• Changed UEFI Boot item default value to disabled.
• Modified USB Boot device function.
• Modified video output priority.
• Updated Intel® ME firmware to v8.0.13.1502.
• Fixed issue where specific time & day setting in BIOS Setup causes the system to hang.
• Fixed issue where Boot menu is lost in Setup.
• Updated BIOS to allow special key characters for password.
• Added IGD Minimum Memory setup item.
• Updated BIOS to create UEFI Boot Options if hard drive already has a UEFI operating system installed
• Fixed issue where USB drives are not removed from boot order list when USB BOOT is disabled.
• Fixed issue with USB keyboard special characters.
• Updated processor support.
• Fixed Consumer Infrared WHQL issue.
• Added default boot priority for Advanced boot order (CD; Removable; HDD; PXE).
• Fixed issue where yellow bang appears in Device Manager when UEFI boot is enabled.
• Improved hot key detection during POST.
• Fixed issue where USB 3.0 device is lost when waking from S3.
• Fixed issue where USB 2.0 keyboard or mouse plugged into a USB 3.0 port cannot wake the system from S3.
• Added Keyboard Ready Beep setup item.
• Modified Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers default value.
• Updated video priority function.
• Updated PS2 function.
• Fixed issue where fan does not work correctly after updating BIOS.
• Updated Memory DQ Ref Voltage setting to be hidden if DIMM Reference Voltage Training is not set to Manual.
• Fixed issue where audio fails in DOS.

claw999

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Hmm alright, xtreme5, there isnt a way to disable the whole usb 3 controller but , I can disable each port one by one, will that work? Verbalizer I will try your option in a while, thanks