Small Viewing Area

August 26, 2005 4:56:01 PM

Hello,

I have just upgraded my pc screen to a slim flat screen monitor 17", My
problem is that some web pages I visit are either in the middle of the screen
with 2 large white margins either side, or the page is shown to the left of
the screen with a wide white margin on the right.

Its not a case of maximize or restore, its actually the viewing area, any
help I would be very grateful.

--
Many thanks

Gerry

More about : small viewing area

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 4:06:25 AM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:56:01 -0700, "Gerry"
<Gerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My
>problem is that some web pages I visit are either in the middle of the screen
>with 2 large white margins either side, or the page is shown to the left of
>the screen with a wide white margin on the right.

It's bad authoring by clueless Web authors who think that everyone
else's system is set up exactly like theirs.

You can _somewhat_ compensate by changing your browser settings page
by page (easier in Mozilla or Firefox than IE), but not fully. Best
is to complain to the Web authors that their designs don't work
well, in hopes of gradually improving the quality of the Web over
the long haul.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?"
"My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"The waters? What waters? We're in the desert."
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 9:52:01 PM

In IE - go to VIEW, then select Text Size - adjust accordingly.

!