Suspected memory problem - software needed

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a suspicion that one of my memory sticks has deveolped a small fault (maybe a bit or 2). Basically the reasons for this are:
Windows ME sometimes uses up to 98% of my memory - and with 384MB it shouldnt be a problem really in normal usage. The second reason is that Windows XP gives me a large numbers of BSOD seemingly linked to the same area of ram.

Anyway i was wondering if anyone could point me to software that will give me a highly detailed analysis of the RAM so i can find out exactly if there is a problem, and if there is one to replace it

Thanks in advance

Chris

PS i dont mind leaving the computer on overnight to run some real detail

A Life, where can i download one of those from?

mpjesse

Splendid
If your not getting blue screen of deaths or lock-ups, there's nothing wrong with your memory. Also, the percentage that Windows gives you (in relation to how much is being used) is not accurate. Windows XP is a little better- but not Me. Windows Me incorporates swap file stats. Right click on my computer in XP and look at the memory usage (physical memory).

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i am getting a DSOD, in windows XP. Its just i have heard that the NT/2000/XP kernel is a lot more sensitive to slight memory flaws. And the memory usage problem isnt just low. I am talking 2%, cant load anything etc. And my swap file is 768MB. Still i would like to check so if anyone could recommend a program it would be appreciated

A Life, where can i download one of those from?

ozmol

Distinguished
May 11, 2001
Just for the record, you can see Physical Memory usage in Win Me. It's Win 98 that only offered the figure incorporating the swap file.