Sign in with
Your question

How to use usb data card to router

Last response: in Networking
September 20, 2011 9:05:06 AM

i have a MTS usb data card and i want to connect it to my wifi router , so by this way i want to use the speed of my data card on my wifi enabled phone. So can any body help me how to connect a usb data card to wifi router as we connect our LAN cable to wifi router?

More about : usb data card router

September 20, 2011 2:38:21 PM

Unless your Wifi router is a duel ADSL/3G router with a USB port that support your spesific USB Data card. There is no way you can do it.

Need more details to be sure.
m
l
September 30, 2011 1:21:05 PM

Novuake said:
Unless your Wifi router is a duel ADSL/3G router with a USB port that support your spesific USB Data card. There is no way you can do it.

Need more details to be sure.

hey dude but it will be able to install the driver that allows us to surf to internet or any other way :sarcastic: 
m
l
September 30, 2011 8:47:09 PM

If you already have an internet connection to the router, why would you even want to use a cell based data card? It should be quite a bit slower than the regular connection. In either case, you can't do what you want. There are specific routers that support data cards, but the ones I have seen only work with PCMCI cards and start at $400. Just hook up the phone to the router wireless and use the regular internet connection.

A router is not like a PC where you can load any drivers on to it. They need to be written from the start to support the devices.
m
l
Related resources
!