ex-consolegamer

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys I just bought a 6850 Radeon. And sometimes it does this, should I return it? What is this problem called? Sorry kind of new to the PC gaming world. My psu is a 650watt Antec Earthwatts Green. Oh and the drivers are up to date if that helps.

2XAPG.png

Alright, That for sure is NOT a video card issue, I wouldn't worry about returning it. Try to play with the drivers, uninstall the the drivers for that 6850 and download the new drivers. Yes uninstall the old drivers 1st, it will then ask to reboot, that means do it before installing the new drivers. After you booted back into windows, install the new drivers. If these are new drivers, install the older drivers or try the beta driver.

ex-consolegamer

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Sorry if this sounds dumb. But if i delete the drivers, upon restarting will the gpu still display the image on monitor. @ sunius And yes it is a vga connection with a dvi adapter that came with the 6850

Blooman428

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I also ran across this issue with the same graphics card. I re-installed my graphics card and updated all drivers. Instead of using the device manager to install the updates, I did it directly from AMD's website. I am currently on Driver Version: 12.104.0.0 which was released on 03/28/2013. I would suggest upgrading your card to this version. A link to the drivers page of AMD's website is provided below:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

This solved the problem for me, I hope it will work for you too!