Frame rate issues in BF3 with GTX 680 sli

Okay i am having a very frustrating problem. I just installed my second 680 to use in sli and was pretty stoked to play BF3 on it. Then i load up the multiplayer and start playing and i am getting massive frame rate drops about every minute. Occasionally it will drop to 45 from 60 with v sync on. Then i turned off v sync and it dropped from 155 to 35. Then on one occasion it dropped to 2 fps and basically froze for a second. I am running a intel i7 3770k oc'd to 4.3 with 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram and a corsair hx 1050 psu. There is no reason i should be experiencing these issues. I have read of other peoples problems with SLI, is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advanced.
11 answers Last reply
More about frame rate issues
  1. are you facing same issues with other games also?
  2. Hello & Welcome.
    - See if you're getting the same results when running at Singleplayer mode.
    - Check that your drivers are up to date.
    - Disable HTT in BIOS and see if this helps a bit.
    - Try using adaptive V-Sync in nVidia control Panel.
    - Look at this thread and try to do the config file trick.
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18394895
  3. No, I tested BF3 single player with the same settings and didn't have a single frame rate drop. Then i ran the witcher 2 on ultra and ran between 55 fps and 45 fps consistant. And Skyrim ultra with graphic mods ran at a cosistent 60 fps.
  4. ilysaml said:
    Hello & Welcome.
    - See if you're getting the same results when running at Singleplayer mode.
    - Check that your drivers are up to date.
    - Disable HTT in BIOS and see if this helps a bit.
    - Try using adaptive V-Sync in nVidia control Panel.
    - Look at this thread and try to do the config file trick.
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18394895

I downloaded the latest drivers earlier and tried with v sync on and v sync off and still got massive drops. I thought it could be my SLI bridge but im not having any problems in other games. I will try the HTT disable. and see what happens. Thanks.
  5. What's your monitor resolution? A single GTX 680 should maintain you at a constant of 60 FPS in all of the games you mentioned. Try disabling SLI through the panel and see what happens.
  6. ilysaml said:
    What's your monitor resolution? A single GTX 680 should maintain you at a constant of 60 FPS in all of the games you mentioned. Try disabling SLI through the panel and see what happens.

My monitor resolution is 1920x1080. I originally had the single 680 installed and everything ran fine. It is now doing it with sli disabled as well.
  7. I installed MSI afterburner after i added my second 680, that is the only thing that has changed with my system, so i am going to uninstall and see if i still have the problem.
  8. Before you do, check that both GPUs are hitting 99% Load.
  9. Both Gpus were not hitting 99% load they were sitting around 40-60%. The same problemed occurred without Afterburner installed. I'm not sure why the problem would still be happening with SLI disabled because the single card ran fine for me before. I am going to re seat both cards and disconnect and reconnect them to my psu.
  10. Also, update to the latest 304.79 drivers.
  11. ilysaml said:
    Also, update to the latest 304.79 drivers.

I think i fixed the problem i re seated the cards and attached the power supply and it is working flawlessly. I switched the orientation of the cards and i think once of the pci-e power cords was not all the way plugged in causing the problem. Thanks for all the help :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield SLI Graphics