Sign in with
Your question

What is the cpu temp for an i5 3570k without heatsink?

Last response: in CPUs
February 6, 2013 11:00:42 PM

I'm currently calculating the temperature increase of an i5 3570k as I increase the clock speed. This is to see if i can find the quantitative relationship between the two.

Does anyone know what the theoretical temperature of the i5 3570k would be if it was running at 100% load without any heatsink? supposing it doesn't burn out.

as I said before I want to use this data to help me calculate CPU temperature as the clock speed increases.
a b à CPUs
February 7, 2013 12:43:49 AM

Hi :) 

Lollll the temp WITHOUT a heatsink/fan doesn't matter.... It would last SECONDS without it...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a c 188 à CPUs
February 7, 2013 12:50:35 AM

frozen email intel eng support they do tests like that every day. they can give you the info you need for your class project.
m
l
Related resources
a c 307 à CPUs
February 7, 2013 2:49:45 AM

If you don't plug the heat sync fan into the MB header, the system won't start. But without a cooler, the CPU will heat rapidly and shut down the system to save itself. Also, you will void the warranty on the processor.
m
l
a c 93 à CPUs
May 5, 2013 10:55:15 AM

frozenglass said:
I'm currently calculating the temperature increase of an i5 3570k as I increase the clock speed. This is to see if i can find the quantitative relationship between the two.

Nobody here is going to know, because we won't have tested our chips without a heatsink.
That being said, temperature comes from voltage draw, not from clock speeds.
m
l
!