Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I3-2100 to i5-3330 worth it?

Last response: in CPUs
February 6, 2013 11:12:37 PM

Hello everyone! Im from Brazil and this is my first participation here. I know this is a very respected hardware website and have a lot of experts that can help me. And my question is very simple...

My hardware was a GTX 550 ti, core i3 2100, 8gb ddr3.

but now I got a GTX 670, and my games now run a lot better, even playin in full hd.

However, i saw here in the internet, some people sayn that it will have some "bottleneck", and my GPU would not work in its full capacity because of mine CPU (i3 2100)...
so i was thinking about upgrading it to a i5 3330 ivy bridge... a "cheap" cpu... (here in brazil everithing is very very expensive, almost dubble price comparing with USA, i payed like 1000 dollars for my GTX 670 :fou:  )

So... if i upgrade my cpu to this i5, my games will run better? It will not have more boottleneck? thank you so much and sory for my rly baaaad english!

More about : 2100 3330 worth

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 6, 2013 11:27:12 PM

it really depends on three things
1- your budget
2- what games you play
3- what kind of gamer are you

If it's not financially feasible for you to purchase the CPU then there is no need for it. As is you have a very good gaming system, more then capable for any game out there.

some games do make better use of quad core CPUs and you can see some improvement, depending on the exact game.

there are some (actually quite a bit) of gamers on here who play games at the highest settings with their FPS monitor in the corner. when the monitor dips below 60FPS, they have a tantrum and start surfing newegg.com for the latest & greatest hardware. Other people turn down the setting and are happy digging into their game at 30FPS. There is not a right or wrong way to game just different ways.

Is the i5-3330 a better gaming CPU then the i3? yes. if you are struggling in performance with your GTX670, will the i5 help give you a boost? yes. will you enter some gaming nirvana just because you upgraded your CPU? doubtful but possible
February 6, 2013 11:41:32 PM

impressive! thanks a lot.... well, i play a lot of games, Battlefield 3, Crysis 3, Guild Wars, Skyrim, black ops 2... and i just want to have the best performance from my new gpu. So i think that i will get the i5... The price (even in brazil) is good. Thanks a lot dirtyferret!
Score
February 6, 2013 11:41:44 PM

Best answer selected by pietrovero.
Score
!