Sign in with
Your question

No signal through HDTV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2012 4:29:05 AM

Hello, First time poster, I was searching your forums for about an hour now trying to look for a solution for my specific problem. I will try to be as precise as possible. I just built a computer for the first time myself. I had a friend with experience walk me through it via skype on my laptop. I'm fairly certain the connections are all correct. I did find some wires that should have been plugged in after reviewing a few guides on this site but no matter what I fix there is no change in the result. I have it hooked up through the graphics card's HDMI port into my TV's HDMI port. it isn't my TV's HDMI or the Cable itself as they both work with my ps3.

When I power up the PC all the LEDs light up there a red light lit up on the mother board but my TV remains saying no signal. The only thing I haven't tried is hooking it up through the VGA port on the graphics card(i dont see an onboard one) I'm extremely frustated at this point and have been working on it for about 4 hours total with only about an hour and a half being the assembly.

I haven't had any other results other than it powering on, LED lights turning on, The optical drive works, just no signal from the TV.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

these are the parts I used.

Asus Socket AM3+/ AMD 970/ Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard (M5A97)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ
XFX ATI Radeon HD6770 1 GB DDR5 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card HD677XZNLC
Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB (2x4 GB Modules) 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Kit (PC3 12800) 240-Pin SDRAM KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
Corsair Builder Series CX600 600 watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX 700 CMPSU-600CXV2
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)
Corsair Cooling Hydro-Series All-in-One High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CWCH60

If I could provide anymore information that would be helping please let me know,

More about : signal hdtv

August 4, 2012 8:43:26 PM

Okay so I have an update. I was able to get it to work by taking one of the ram modules out. I then proceeded to install windows as well as the drivers that
Came with my motherboard as well as the drivers for the video card. It said it needed to restart after I installed the drivers or the Jd 6770. It will show anything through the monitor anymore and won't turn off using the power button anymore. I noticed my graphics cards fan is only jerking slightly and not spinning at full
Speed like it was just before the restart. How do I proceed?
m
l
!