Single card replacement for GTX 470 SLI

I run 2 GTX 470 SLI, or at least I did untill one off them self-destructed.
I m looking to replace both of them with a single card.
What single card would give about equal performance ?
I looked at Tom's charts but I couldnt find gtx 470 sli in there.
8 answers Last reply
More about single card replacement
  1. My specs:
    i5 proc. @ 2.8 Ghz
    8 GB RAM
    800 WATT PSU
  2. Single GTX 670/680. They are about the same vs sli GTX 470. Less heat and less power usage :)

- Fastreaction
  3. No single card out will equal the theoretical FPS of a 470SLI at the moment. That should be pretty obvious if you look at that chart. Any card at or above a 570 GTX or AMD equivalent, will give you max settings unless your CPU is dogging or your running multiple monitors with huge resolutions.

I read a topic on this not to long ago.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1256780/brettjvs-470-sli-vs-670-bench-off-both-ocd-now-with-7970-ocd/170
  4. delaro said:
    No single card out will equal the theoretical FPS of a 470SLI at the moment. That should be pretty obvious if you look at that chart. Any card at or above a 570 GTX or AMD equivalent, will give you max settings unless your CPU is dogging or your running multiple monitors with huge resolutions.

I read a topic on this not to long ago.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1256780/brettjvs-470-sli-vs-670-bench-off-both-ocd-now-with-7970-ocd/170

Actually true but he should get a single GTX 670/680 and later he can sli it if he needs it. Less power usage of a single card, less heat and saves you from the sli problems.

- Fastreaction
  5. True a single card is always a better option, but with his CPU "2.8GHZ" he has a established bottleneck. Adding a second 470 would be a cheaper route until he is ready to upgrade everything.
  6. delaro said:
    True a single card is always a better option, but with his CPU "2.8GHZ" he has a established bottleneck. Adding a second 470 would be a cheaper route until he is ready to upgrade everything.

An i5 2.8ghz is probably an i5 760. That would not bottleneck.

- Fastreaction
  7. Thanks for the tips guys :) . Going to check some prices.

And yeah, my processor is an i5 760
  8. you could try a hd 7970 ghz edition
    or
    buy a stock hd 7970 for cheap and o'c it to ghz level
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Performance SLI Graphics