Customised folders change settings at random

Andrew

Running XP Pro SP2. Two related problems:

1. Folders which have been customised (right-click, Properties, Customize,
Choose Picture) frequently lose the setting and instead pick up thumbnails
at random from other folders that have been customised. Restore Default also
picks up thumbnails from other folders. What is going wrong? How can I get
the customisation to stick?

2. Some folders such as Windows, Program Files, etc have acquired random
thumbnails in the same way and cannot be fixed because there is no Customise
tab in the properties for these folders. How do I reset these folders to the
default?

TIA
Andrew

"Andrew" <xyz@xyz.com> wrote in message
> Running XP Pro SP2. Two related problems:
>
> 1. Folders which have been customised (right-click, Properties,
> Customize, Choose Picture) frequently lose the setting and instead pick up
> thumbnails at random from other folders that have been customised. Restore
> Default also picks up thumbnails from other folders. What is going wrong?
> How can I get the customisation to stick?

You may have reach your limit of 400 folder to customize. Here is a reg edit
file to increase the folder customization size.

Increase Folder View Size limit to 8000 (Line 2)

William

Andrew

Thanks - that seems to have fixed everything.

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Andrew" <xyz@xyz.com> wrote in message
>>> Running XP Pro SP2. Two related problems:
>>>
>>> 1. Folders which have been customised (right-click, Properties,
>>> Customize, Choose Picture) frequently lose the setting and instead pick
>>> up thumbnails at random from other folders that have been customised.
>>> Restore Default also picks up thumbnails from other folders. What is
>>> going wrong? How can I get the customisation to stick?
>>
>> You may have reach your limit of 400 folder to customize. Here is a reg
>> edit file to increase the folder customization size.
>>
>> Increase Folder View Size limit to 8000 (Line 2)
>>
> Thanks - that seems to have fixed everything.

You're welcome.

--
William