Closed Solved

Intel 3570K or AMD FX- 6300?

Hello,

I am trying to make a mid range gaming computer under $1000. My video card is a Gigabyte GTX 660. I know the Intel is better performance, but it does cost more. Is paying a little more for the Intel CPU worth it?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel 3570k 6300
  1. Yes from gaming stand point.
  2. Best answer
    Yes it is worth it.i5 3570 is better than fx 6300 im gaming due to strong single threaded performance of i5.go with i5.
  3. As stated the 3570k is a great gaming chip and also will last for years to come.
  4. Well, if we were comparing the AMD FX 6300 + HD 7870 XT against a Core i5 vs a GTX 660, then the AMD would be a lot faster, but since you're going to use the GTX 660 either way, go with the Core i5.

    And by the way where are you buying this PC from? A Gaming PC for 1000$ should be much better than that.

    Take a look at this build

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($213.79 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACFZI30 74.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD80 (B3) ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Green 630W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Full (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $964.69
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-07 03:54 EST-0500)
  5. The graphics card doesn't make a CPU faster. The i5 regardless of graphics card is faster than the 6300.
  6. FlintIronStagg said:
    The graphics card doesn't make a CPU faster. The i5 regardless of graphics card is faster than the 6300.


    It does if it was bottlenecking your CPU previously. The point you are trying to make is that an i5 with a HD5450 is better than an FX 6300 with a HD7850. So no it is not faster regardless of GPU.

    And to answer Op's question, yes the i5 is better than the 6300. To compete with the i5 you need to compare it to the FX 8300 series.
  7. Best answer selected by PeterSch520.
  8. BuddiLuva said:
    It does if it was bottlenecking your CPU previously. The point you are trying to make is that an i5 with a HD5450 is better than an FX 6300 with a HD7850. So no it is not faster regardless of GPU.

    And to answer Op's question, yes the i5 is better than the 6300. To compete with the i5 you need to compare it to the FX 8300 series.

    it still does not make the CPU faster. You can't rate the speed of the cpu with the gpu it is paired with. Overall system yes but CPU vs CPU the 3570k is faster.
  9. FlintIronStagg said:
    it still does not make the CPU faster. You can't rate the speed of the cpu with the gpu it is paired with. Overall system yes but CPU vs CPU the 3570k is faster.


    Maybe so, but in this situation/scenario, the OP is asking about gaming performance. Therefore a FX6300 with a better graphics card would be a better option compared to an i5 with a worse graphics card. So once again, no the i5 isn't better regardless of graphics card.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel Product