300watt power supply with a 300 watt minimum graphics card Galaxy Nvidia GT430 1

how would this card work since my power supply is max of 300 and the card takes a minimum of 300 watts?
13 answers Last reply
More about 300watt power supply watt minimum graphics card galaxy nvidia gt430
  1. Can you give me the name of your power supply. I would like to check the amount of W in the 12v rail. It needs atleast 49W.

- Fastreaction
  2. The card doesn't require any additional power aside for the Pci-e bus so as long as your not overclocking your system and don't have multiple hard drives and optical drives you should be alright.
  3. this is my pc. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PT.SJWP2.001
    also this card isnt able to be run in crossfire with my Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Graphics - AMD A75 Fusion™ chipset - so what should i do i can buy a new card but i dont know what 1 would work in crossfire with my onboard and still not go over my max 300watt psu. and to answer your question i am not sure what name my power supply is ill try to find out tho. and no im not trying to OC the nvidia or a amd 1 i am willing to buy to run in crossfire. your advice is very helpfull guys keep it coming .
  4. i just need ppl who know a bit more about this then i do and my price range is about 50-100$ if possible i would like a card that will work with my onboard in crossfire but still have enough wattage at 300 watt max.
  5. fastreaction said:
    Can you give me the name of your power supply. I would like to check the amount of W in the 12v rail. It needs atleast 49W.

- Fastreaction

i just got the pc about a month ago not really sure what kind it is i just know that its 300watt psu max
    but instead of the nvidia card i would rather buy a card that is capable of crossfire with my onboard gpu Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Graphics - AMD A75 Fusion™ chipset - the on board is a 512mb
    any help is much appricated . also if this helps u find out here is the link to my computer maybe u can find out the psu all i know is its 300watt max http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PT.SJWP2.001
    thanks for helping
  6. what card can i get for 50-100$ that will work in crossfire with my Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Graphics - AMD A75 Fusion™ chipset. also would my 300watt psu be enough to run in crossfire not with the nvidia i will buy a new 1 but not sure what 1 will work so im asking here . thanks for the help :D
  7. I think for running crossfire you are going to want something more. Depending on what kind of gaming you are doing if you think running that card in a crossfire setup will give you "ultra" settings on BF3 then ..sorry. If you are just playing WoW then crossfire is kinda pointless. I know not the answer you want to hear i just didnt want any of the extreme OC'ers or modders to have a go at you.
  8. See if you can find out what the motherboard can handle and then work from there. Will it handle a new graphics card?
    More RAM?
    Can the system/case support if you upgrade the Powersupply?

I ask this since sometimes in the process of upgrading pre-assembled desktop it ends up easier if you would have just built a new comp from the ground up.
  9. i went looking today at best buy but i wasent sure of what voltage and all that i would need to have and all that . im good with pc's but im not to familer with upgrading them. i was going to buy a Thermaltake 430 watt i think it was was about 54.99 or so. i havent been home to research my computer more like find out about the mb and stuff. but i have 4 gb DDR3 1333hz expandable to 16 gb. so im ordering at least 2 AMD 1333hz 2 x 4gb gaming ram sticks to put me up to 12 gb ram. and yes it has 2 pci slots 2.0/2.1 and pcie express x16 slots on my MB. and my pc has a APU when i checked the card b4 on sum site it was telling me that my onboard could be used in crossfire . its a AMD Quad-Core A6-3620 Accelerated Processor 2.2GHz with TurboCORE Technology up to 2.5GHz . im not trying to run top end games on ultra or nothing just trying to improve a bit . but im sort of noob when it comes to these upgrades its kinda new to me . thats why im asking for advice and help so i can get the right . i will do further research on the MB and PSU . the PSU in it atm is 300 watt max i know that much . what do u think i should do .
  10. tinmann said:
    The card doesn't require any additional power aside for the Pci-e bus so as long as your not overclocking your system and don't have multiple hard drives and optical drives you should be alright.

i dont plan to OC it . nor do i have more then 1 HD and optical drive . just want to upgrade it a bit more on the gpu and my ram im ordering sum from amd's site its 2x 4GB duel channel 1333hz gaming ram i think . didnt order it yet but plaing on it i can expand from what i have now of 4gb to 16 gb. i just dont want to mess stuff up so im asking b4 i do anything . so thanks for every1's help
  11. i just need advice on what card and PSU to get to run duel graphics off the APU. i cant go duel with the gt430 so i need a ati/amd one obv just dont know what 1 nor what power supply. total price range 150$ any help will be much appricated ty
  12. think i found what PSU i should get along with the cooling unit . and to run in duel graphics mode just need to buy . i need a ati radeon 6000 series to work duel with my APU . heres what i found i just dont need the processor already have that
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1224550&sku=C11-1095
  13. fastreaction said:
    Can you give me the name of your power supply. I would like to check the amount of W in the 12v rail. It needs atleast 49W.

- Fastreaction

hi i have opened my tower and my psu is a FSP group Inc. model number FSP450-60EP
    500 watt peak wattage max wattage 450watts
    DC output 135W max / 360 watt max
    12V1 and 12V2 are 360 watts max
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Power Supplies Graphics Cards Graphics