Sign in with
Your question

300watt power supply with a 300 watt minimum graphics card Galaxy Nvidia GT430 1

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2012 9:19:57 AM

how would this card work since my power supply is max of 300 and the card takes a minimum of 300 watts?
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 9:25:37 AM

Can you give me the name of your power supply. I would like to check the amount of W in the 12v rail. It needs atleast 49W.

- Fastreaction
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 4, 2012 9:29:35 AM

The card doesn't require any additional power aside for the Pci-e bus so as long as your not overclocking your system and don't have multiple hard drives and optical drives you should be alright.
m
l
Related resources
August 4, 2012 10:28:13 AM

this is my pc. http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PT.SJWP2.001
also this card isnt able to be run in crossfire with my Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Graphics - AMD A75 Fusion™ chipset - so what should i do i can buy a new card but i dont know what 1 would work in crossfire with my onboard and still not go over my max 300watt psu. and to answer your question i am not sure what name my power supply is ill try to find out tho. and no im not trying to OC the nvidia or a amd 1 i am willing to buy to run in crossfire. your advice is very helpfull guys keep it coming .
m
l
August 4, 2012 10:34:39 AM

i just need ppl who know a bit more about this then i do and my price range is about 50-100$ if possible i would like a card that will work with my onboard in crossfire but still have enough wattage at 300 watt max.
m
l
August 4, 2012 10:40:25 AM

fastreaction said:
Can you give me the name of your power supply. I would like to check the amount of W in the 12v rail. It needs atleast 49W.

- Fastreaction

i just got the pc about a month ago not really sure what kind it is i just know that its 300watt psu max
but instead of the nvidia card i would rather buy a card that is capable of crossfire with my onboard gpu Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Graphics - AMD A75 Fusion™ chipset - the on board is a 512mb
any help is much appricated . also if this helps u find out here is the link to my computer maybe u can find out the psu all i know is its 300watt max http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/PT.SJWP2.001
thanks for helping
m
l
August 4, 2012 11:04:29 AM

what card can i get for 50-100$ that will work in crossfire with my Integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 6530D Graphics - AMD A75 Fusion™ chipset. also would my 300watt psu be enough to run in crossfire not with the nvidia i will buy a new 1 but not sure what 1 will work so im asking here . thanks for the help :D 
m
l
August 4, 2012 12:14:19 PM

I think for running crossfire you are going to want something more. Depending on what kind of gaming you are doing if you think running that card in a crossfire setup will give you "ultra" settings on BF3 then ..sorry. If you are just playing WoW then crossfire is kinda pointless. I know not the answer you want to hear i just didnt want any of the extreme OC'ers or modders to have a go at you.

m
l
August 4, 2012 12:15:38 PM

See if you can find out what the motherboard can handle and then work from there. Will it handle a new graphics card?
More RAM?
Can the system/case support if you upgrade the Powersupply?

I ask this since sometimes in the process of upgrading pre-assembled desktop it ends up easier if you would have just built a new comp from the ground up.
m
l
August 4, 2012 6:08:50 PM

i went looking today at best buy but i wasent sure of what voltage and all that i would need to have and all that . im good with pc's but im not to familer with upgrading them. i was going to buy a Thermaltake 430 watt i think it was was about 54.99 or so. i havent been home to research my computer more like find out about the mb and stuff. but i have 4 gb DDR3 1333hz expandable to 16 gb. so im ordering at least 2 AMD 1333hz 2 x 4gb gaming ram sticks to put me up to 12 gb ram. and yes it has 2 pci slots 2.0/2.1 and pcie express x16 slots on my MB. and my pc has a APU when i checked the card b4 on sum site it was telling me that my onboard could be used in crossfire . its a AMD Quad-Core A6-3620 Accelerated Processor 2.2GHz with TurboCORE Technology up to 2.5GHz . im not trying to run top end games on ultra or nothing just trying to improve a bit . but im sort of noob when it comes to these upgrades its kinda new to me . thats why im asking for advice and help so i can get the right . i will do further research on the MB and PSU . the PSU in it atm is 300 watt max i know that much . what do u think i should do .
m
l
August 4, 2012 6:18:43 PM

tinmann said:
The card doesn't require any additional power aside for the Pci-e bus so as long as your not overclocking your system and don't have multiple hard drives and optical drives you should be alright.

i dont plan to OC it . nor do i have more then 1 HD and optical drive . just want to upgrade it a bit more on the gpu and my ram im ordering sum from amd's site its 2x 4GB duel channel 1333hz gaming ram i think . didnt order it yet but plaing on it i can expand from what i have now of 4gb to 16 gb. i just dont want to mess stuff up so im asking b4 i do anything . so thanks for every1's help
m
l
August 4, 2012 7:54:56 PM

i just need advice on what card and PSU to get to run duel graphics off the APU. i cant go duel with the gt430 so i need a ati/amd one obv just dont know what 1 nor what power supply. total price range 150$ any help will be much appricated ty
m
l
August 22, 2012 4:52:31 PM

fastreaction said:

- Fastreaction

hi i have opened my tower and my psu is a FSP group Inc. model number FSP450-60EP
500 watt peak wattage max wattage 450watts
DC output 135W max / 360 watt max
12V1 and 12V2 are 360 watts max
m
l
!