Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

RATE MY RIG

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Cooler Master
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
September 24, 2012 2:30:20 AM

PLEASE RATE MY RIG


BIOSTAR TZ77A+
I5 2310
COOLERMASTER HYPER101 COOLER
16 GB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 1600
2 X SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 6850
60 GB OCZ AGILITY 3 SSD
2TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN
LITE-ON DVD BURNER
CORSAIR TX650W POWER SUPPLY
COOLERMASTER ELITE 430
WINDOWS 7 HOME 64-BIT


ANYTHING I SHOULD UPGRADE IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
WHAT GAMES CAN I PLAY?

More about : rate rig

September 24, 2012 2:46:06 AM

You should be able to play most games out today on Ultra settings @ 1080p. 6850 CF is still a decent solution if you don't run into microstuttering.

I would probably swap out the CPU and CPU cooler in as an upgrade so I could OC.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 2:50:47 AM

I've heard that the WD Green series isn't very good. I'm no expert but I'd think you'd be better getting Black or Blue.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 24, 2012 2:52:05 AM

mocchan said:
You should be able to play most games out today on Ultra settings @ 1080p. 6850 CF is still a decent solution if you don't run into microstuttering.

I would probably swap out the CPU and CPU cooler in as an upgrade so I could OC.


I'd swap out the 6850 CF for a 7870, similar power, price, but a better upgrade future. Also the Biostar motherboard is suspect. Biostar's track record is suspect when it comes to motherboards.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 2:54:21 AM

BreadWhistle said:
I've heard that the WD Green series isn't very good. I'm no expert but I'd think you'd be better getting Black or Blue.


The Green series is fine for storage, he has an SSD for a boot drive. The WD Green Series is actually really good for what they are designed to do. That is mass storage.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 2:56:22 AM

stant1rm said:
I'd swap out the 6850 CF for a 7870, similar power, price, but a better upgrade future. Also the Biostar motherboard is suspect. Biostar's track record is suspect when it comes to motherboards.

Well if he already has the components, I wouldn't. If he has yet to purchase, I would agree. Maybe an HD7950 since 2X HD6850's cost around $300.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 2:58:29 AM

itsjm said:
PLEASE RATE MY RIG


BIOSTAR TZ77A+
I5 2310
COOLERMASTER HYPER101 COOLER
16 GB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 1600
2 X SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 6850
60 GB OCZ AGILITY 3 SSD
2TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR GREEN
LITE-ON DVD BURNER
CORSAIR TX650W POWER SUPPLY
COOLERMASTER ELITE 430
WINDOWS 7 HOME 64-BIT


ANYTHING I SHOULD UPGRADE IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
WHAT GAMES CAN I PLAY?


i want to upgrade to a i7 3770k in the near future ....just fyi
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 2:58:59 AM

yes, all these parts i already own....
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 3:03:23 AM

If you plan to OC the 3770k in the future, you might want a better board such as the ASRock Extreme 4 Z77.

More power phases to allow for higher OC's and better stability.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 3:08:05 AM

mocchan said:
Well if he already has the components, I wouldn't. If he has yet to purchase, I would agree. Maybe an HD7950 since 2X HD6850's cost around $300.

actually i got both 6850's for 120 used
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 3:10:18 AM

mocchan said:
If you plan to OC the 3770k in the future, you might want a better board such as the ASRock Extreme 4 Z77.

More power phases to allow for higher OC's and better stability.

so what would be the best cpu without having to upgrade mobo?
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 3:25:40 AM

I wouldn't swap out anything. Wait for Haswell to upgrade your CPU and Motherboard. Your CF 6850's should be doing great at 1080p.
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 3:37:42 AM

this might sound like a stupid question, but what is haswell?
m
0
l
Anonymous
September 24, 2012 3:42:33 AM

itsjm said:
so what would be the best cpu without having to upgrade mobo?

that board you have is fine:
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.ph...
Quote:
8 Phase Power Design

8 phase power design enables the best delivery of power to supercharge your system, giving extreme users unparalleled overclocking ability and the lowest temperatures to reach maximum performance levels.


some people ought to see the specs before giving advice . . :non: 

though unless you are going to be doing things that take advantage of the i7's hyperthreading, which most games do not, a i5 would probably be a better choice.

and thats a good deal on the 6850s for $60 a piece. rumor has it the AMD is gearing up to release their 8xxx series around the holidays and that might be the time to look at upgrading the graphics regardless of what you do for the cpu.

btw, the build does scream "budget" but its a good one; nice job.

Quote:
this might sound like a stupid question, but what is haswell?

http://bit.ly/NLDOWx
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 3:57:36 AM

Anonymous said:
that board you have is fine:
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.ph...
Quote:
8 Phase Power Design

8 phase power design enables the best delivery of power to supercharge your system, giving extreme users unparalleled overclocking ability and the lowest temperatures to reach maximum performance levels.


some people ought to see the specs before giving advice . . :non: 

though unless you are going to be doing things that take advantage of the i7's hyperthreading, which most games do not, a i5 would probably be a better choice.

and thats a good deal on the 6850s for $60 a piece. rumor has it the AMD is gearing up to release their 8xxx series around the holidays and that might be the time to look at upgrading the graphics regardless of what you do for the cpu.

btw, the build does scream "budget" but its a good one; nice job.

Quote:
this might sound like a stupid question, but what is haswell?

http://bit.ly/NLDOWx

yeah it is budget, got most parts used or on sale, but hey it works for me
m
0
l
September 24, 2012 4:08:23 AM

itsjm said:
this might sound like a stupid question, but what is haswell?


The codename for the next line of processors from intel, likely to come out in 2013 and offer a giant improvement over current processors.
m
0
l